Some recent stuff - McLaren F1, MP4-12Cs, 458, Noble M600, Mini and 360CS

Name
GF
Edit My Images
No
I haven't posted on here recently, so here is a little roundup of my latest shoots. Lots hasn't been included as I have shot a LOT recently, but these are some of my favourite shots :)

6271721535_242f79929e_b.jpg

6203543256_092166715c_b.jpg

6203543634_628f6e3446_b.jpg

6204262901_c241ff6ee0_b.jpg

6211117786_ec6c141f61_b.jpg

6244514748_5f9b265d1f_b.jpg

I am sure I have seen no 2 in a mag in the last week or so (was it autocar).

5 and 12 are great.

Would love to have seen 4 with another light on the back of the car and favorite is no 10 (cant explain why it just appeals to me).

Last edited:
I am sure I have seen no 2 in a mag in the last week or so (was it autocar).

5 and 12 are great.

Would love to have seen 4 with another light on the back of the car and favorite is no 10 (cant explain why it just appeals to me).

You saw a very similar one in Autocar, the cars were the other way round though in that shot :)

10 is my favourite :)

They are all great images,but my faves are 5 and 12. Love the feeling of motion/speed that has been captured.(y)

The McLaren leaves me so cold, it just doesn't have any drama at all (the car, not the photos). Looove the Noble.

is 5 the back end of the new McLaren?

Loving your work as always George.

Is the 458 owner based on the south coast? I'm sure I've seen that plate before on a variety of nice cars.

You must be a cold blooded person, they're awesome cars.

They are, and it will go faster than almost anything. But it's far too sterile. Just look at the conclusion Autocar recently made, the Cayman R was made their drivers' car of the year. The mcLaren was in the running too, and technically it's a better car, but sooooooo forgettable!

They are, and it will go faster than almost anything. But it's far too sterile. Just look at the conclusion Autocar recently made, the Cayman R was made their drivers' car of the year. The mcLaren was in the running too, and technically it's a better car, but sooooooo forgettable!

I know full well about Autocar, the picture of the Cayman on the winners page was my shot :)

It's far from soooooo forgettable and having had a lot of seat time as a passenger and a brief drive now I think it's incredible. The best drivers car was the article title and I agree that the Caterham, Cayman and GT3RS are better drivers cars as you're more in control. The thing with the McLaren though is that in terms of pace it's on a new level. 1s in a lap of the short infield is a lot of time. The pace is just ballistic and the power delivery is like not much else. A few of the autocar chaps did mention that the McLaren would have ranked a lot higher on a more flowing circuit. Also, I don't agree with it being sterile, the sports exhaust is actually very loud now and when you're pressing on it does sound incredible.

All IMO of course, but from my experiences of the new McLaren it's certainly far from dull!

Where was #2 shot?

Nick Froome

In a park near Brighton. Can't remember which one off the top of my head

What fabulous work,way out of my comfort zone and great to see.

I really like the effect in 12 and 5 ,amazing.

2,3,4 , and 8 are great images,well thought out and superbly executed.

Am not smoke blowing George ,but great work,am envious of your skills and knowledge.

Pons

Great work as ever, George. shots 3,5 & 12 are the stand out shots for me...
Not so sure on the content of 13 tough... ;-)

My ONLY criticism of any of them would be the horizon in the Lambo shot (8) - really bugged me on the couple of ocassions i've seen it now. Or maybe it's the jaunty angle of the street lamp!? I dunno - an awesome pic, that aside.

Keep em coming!
Martyn.

No12 - the final shot of the noble - there's something really painterly about the light and the tonal range. Really like that shot above the rest....

Superb. 3,5 and 12 for me. I like 10 as much for the reflections as for the lack of interest from the lady shop assistant at the desk. I thought Clarkson (& Co) would have us believe her knicker elastic would have snapped as soon as she heard the exhausts. :)

What fabulous work,way out of my comfort zone and great to see.

I really like the effect in 12 and 5 ,amazing.

2,3,4 , and 8 are great images,well thought out and superbly executed.

Am not smoke blowing George ,but great work,am envious of your skills and knowledge.

Pons

Great work as ever, George. shots 3,5 & 12 are the stand out shots for me...
Not so sure on the content of 13 tough... ;-)

My ONLY criticism of any of them would be the horizon in the Lambo shot (8) - really bugged me on the couple of ocassions i've seen it now. Or maybe it's the jaunty angle of the street lamp!? I dunno - an awesome pic, that aside.

Keep em coming!
Martyn.

I decided to make it crooked - the car looks better that way! problem is that the lamp post doesn't... I can't decide, oh well! :shrug:

Nice work George. :)

How long are your exposures on the rig shots?

Tend to be about 2 seconds

Great work George :)

:)

Great stuff, not at all envious,

honest!

:)

No12 - the final shot of the noble - there's something really painterly about the light and the tonal range. Really like that shot above the rest....

Yes, I love this time of year!

Superb. 3,5 and 12 for me. I like 10 as much for the reflections as for the lack of interest from the lady shop assistant at the desk. I thought Clarkson (& Co) would have us believe her knicker elastic would have snapped as soon as she heard the exhausts. :)

:LOL:

13 the best shot IMHO

would like to see more static shots from you though as I find rig shots boring lol

I have come over all funny!!!

Amazing shots of amazing motors!

Back