Some selfies

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
I cannot stand photos of myself. In fact, I try not to look in the mirror. This is evident with the amount of facial hair that is currently on my face. If I keep this up, I think I might pass for Santa lol

Selfie#1 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

Selfie#2 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

Selfie#3 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

Since I have no remote for my camera that works, I've had to use the 600d as it has a flip-screen which is fantastic, some yinyong pingpong triggers, a godox de300, octobox, 24-135mm canon lens shooting at 50mm-60mm as my arms weren't long enough for the wired-remote to go back further, F7.1, ISO100.

Lol ditto I hate selfies as well but I got a Fuji Xpro 1 with a couple of lenses but with weather being as it is I ended up doing a couple of myself.
I usually try to get my K9 to pose with a tempting treat in my other hand but he wasn't having any of it that day:(
Saying that you won't be seeing mine up here ;) :runaway:

The first one is my pick… friendly attitude.

But you're right about the facial hair:
my grandma used to say that one should beware of bearded men as they
have something to hide, not trustworthy! As she was saying that, she took
my 12 yo face in her old hands and kissed me.
So, now you know it… not trustworthy! ;-)

I'm with you on the hating it..... I can't cover my face with hair, think I'd get very strange scared looks :D
Seriously though I do like these... I like the first 2, last one not as much. Think it's the pose maybe, you look more relaxed in the second with a hint of a smile :)

You got the squinch down in #1/2 and #3 you just look scared and your head is too far forward.

Dont forget.... Its about the Jaw. Also got info about the Squinch and arms on Peter Hurley channel

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe3oJnFtA_k

And Beth is right you do have nose hair.... Camera right nostril there is hair coming out of that bad boy.

Lighting is good but is a little hot on the camera right cheek in #1

But well done for getting in front of the camera... Selfie's are hard as you can't tell how your pose is coming across.

Hi Carl these are great the last one being best in my eyes. Just cos of the veiw point.

Gaz

Carl,

I sympathise with your view completely and can say that in over 50 years of photography,maybe 10,000 photographs, I bet there is no more than 50 photographs of myself.

I must say to you that the first photograph is very good,I like the tight crop and it shows you as a very caring person with good eyes.

Have a shave and lay off the booze.;)(y). I love it. Congrats on doing the selfie,s.

Lol ditto I hate selfies as well but I got a Fuji Xpro 1 with a couple of lenses but with weather being as it is I ended up doing a couple of myself.
I usually try to get my K9 to pose with a tempting treat in my other hand but he wasn't having any of it that day:(
Saying that you won't be seeing mine up here ;) :runaway:
Go on ! you have to :)

You got the squinch down in #1/2 and #3 you just look scared and your head is too far forward.

Dont forget.... Its about the Jaw. Also got info about the Squinch and arms on Peter Hurley channel

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe3oJnFtA_k

And Beth is right you do have nose hair.... Camera right nostril there is hair coming out of that bad boy.

Lighting is good but is a little hot on the camera right cheek in #1

But well done for getting in front of the camera... Selfie's are hard as you can't tell how your pose is coming across.
You got me. Been reading and watching lots of peter hurley. Just love his videos and the way he acts. Just hard to replicate on "yourself" and even harder to get someone else to do it, though I am practising !
Hi Carl these are great the last one being best in my eyes. Just cos of the veiw point.

Gaz
cheers!

Carl,

I sympathise with your view completely and can say that in over 50 years of photography,maybe 10,000 photographs, I bet there is no more than 50 photographs of myself.

I must say to you that the first photograph is very good,I like the tight crop and it shows you as a very caring person with good eyes.

Have a shave and lay off the booze.;)(y). I love it. Congrats on doing the selfie,s.
LMAO.

I will go and have a shave today. Head and chin, will knock at least a few weeks off my age lol

Just hard to replicate on "yourself" and even harder to get someone else to do it, though I am practising !

Yeah I blooming know right.... ;)

What I started to do was use selfie camera on phone to get my pose right then move it out of frame and shoot... lot easier to get the jaw right that way... just remember Peter said its easy to take it too far.

Oh MY EYES- don't need to see that first thing :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

good effort Carl

Les ;)

Back