Some shots from last night - critique please :)

T

The Edge

Have a look here for all of them - http://www.chrismartin3442.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/architecture.htm

These are my favorites:

dragons1.jpg

wheel2.jpg

reflection.jpg

They were taken on a cold, attempting to snow but not quite managing windy night, using 10D/17-40L/ND2 filter/Cheap tripod

Apologies if you saw them on the other forum - I'm rather proud of some of these :D

Great except for image #2.
The blurred wheel simply appears to be spinning at high speed. Try using a powerful flash but maintain a slow shutter speed. That way the ambient light will register as before but the flash will 'freeze' elements of the image. This technique has been done to death in nightclub shots where you get a lot of 'strobing' effect from all the various lights while still retaining detail in the dancers faces.

I'll dig out an example tomorrow if I can find one.

i like 1, i prefered the wide angle version of 2 on OC and 3 is ok!

Arkady said:
Great except for image #2.
The blurred wheel simply appears to be spinning at high speed. Try using a powerful flash but maintain a slow shutter speed. That way the ambient light will register as before but the flash will 'freeze' elements of the image. This technique has been done to death in nightclub shots where you get a lot of 'strobing' effect from all the various lights while still retaining detail in the dancers faces.

I'll dig out an example tomorrow if I can find one.

That sounds interesting - is my 580ex up to it? The wheel was quite a distance away.

I'll try this at some point anyway :)

Back