Some shots of Canterbury Cathedral...

Edit My Images
No
Click the pic for more...

I particularly like the silhouetted statue out of those. I have more pics, but getting time to sort through them is another matter :(

the cathedral ceiling is fantastic, i really like that and the silhouetted statue is very cool also, well done!

Cheers, although the camera works essentially the same as most others, it still requires thought on how to prodcue an effective image. Most of mine for now are PP'd a certain amount, but with time that should decrease and I can shoot a better picture without the need to PP as much, if at all. I really love the colours the camera is producing, sharp, detailed & as noise free as the 20D up to ISO 1600 can't be bad :)

I just wish I had more time to get out and take pics, most of the free time I've had lately has been when the sun is hiding :(

Some nice photos there. Canterbury is definately a photo rich enviroment. Did you have to get a permit to take photos in the grounds of the cathederal? On my list of places to go.

Yes I did £2.00, plus it's £4.50 to get in :shock:

Also, you can't photograph in the crypt :(

Biggus said:
Yes I did £2.00, plus it's £4.50 to get in :shock:

Also, you can't photograph in the crypt :(
... or take in garlic and wooden stakes? :shock:

Some good shots there, and I also like the ceiling. Did you have to lie on the floor to take it? Were the outside shots taken with a polariser? The dark sky sets off the light stone very well.

WOW!!! [smilie=t:
I really like the ceiling photo (I'm an architect and of course like this kind of photo).
The only minor - very minor - critique I might have of this photo is that it looks like it is slightly off center. You can see the sills of the arches at the top of the photo, but not at the bottom - they are cut off. And slightly off center in the other direction too.
I know this is minor, but something I noticed and just my [img]http://www.cadchat.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/2cents.gif[/img]

Great job, I can't wait to see more :)

No polariser/filter etc at all, I thought the same when I saw the image on my PC, but the overall image quality is one (major IMO) thing that most users are impressed with, including mag reviews. It's just a shame that the mag reviews seem to have used an early version, as all have commented on the slow write speeds which have now been addressed with a firmware update, and put it on par with the 20D and sometimes better.

I've not long picked up Digital Photo Magazine and it reviews the Canon 20D, KM Dynax 7D, Fuji S3 Pro, Nikon D100, Olympus E1 & Pentax *ist D. For some reason the 20D is top closely followed by the KM7D, they gave the 20D 5/5 for features/build quality & the KM7D only 4/5, now come on the 7D has more features and the in-body AS goes a long way in itself, so they should at least have been equal. Performance was 5/5 for the 20D & 3/5 for the KM7D and should be at least 4/5 with the newer firmware, so that would put them on an overall even footing. I've certainly no regrets in my choice anyway, so that's all that counts IMO, but I wonder how many might be put off a very good camera purely on reviews using early revision kit?

I know what you mean about that pic being slightly off-centre, but I was standing on steps and it was hand-held (thanks to AS ;))

Biggus said:
I've not long picked up Digital Photo Magazine and it reviews the Canon 20D, KM Dynax 7D, Fuji S3 Pro, Nikon D100, Olympus E1 & Pentax *ist D. For some reason the 20D is top closely followed by the KM7D, they gave the 20D 5/5 for features/build quality & the KM7D only 4/5, now come on the 7D has more features and the in-body AS goes a long way in itself, so they should at least have been equal. Performance was 5/5 for the 20D & 3/5 for the KM7D and should be at least 4/5 with the newer firmware, so that would put them on an overall even footing.

There are two things I would like to add, firstly that the features list doesn’t tell the whole story. You can have two cameras that have a similar spec but they may not perform on par. Take the Canon 10D and 20D for example (I have used and owned both so feel confident using this as an example) they both have AF and the specs do not show any difference at all between the two, however the 20D is faster and more accurate. If you apply that to the features section in a review they would appear to be the same, when in use they are different. Although I can’t say, areas like this may have had a bearing on the review of which you speak.
The second point is that you should never buy a camera on the back of a review. The only way to ensure you get something that you are happy with is to try it out and compare it to the others available yourself. SOME magazines and websites are reliant on manufactures supplying equipment to review for free and without that they would not have access to the latest toys. Imagine upsetting a major manufacturer with a review that may not be as favourable as they would have liked. The supply of equipment will quickly dry up leaving the magazine or website high and dry. Now again I am not saying this is the situation in this case, just offering a different side to the story.

Biggus said:
I've certainly no regrets in my choice anyway, so that's all that counts IMO, but I wonder how many might be put off a very good camera purely on reviews using early revision kit?

This is the point and one that makes me happy. I am not defending the 20D against the KM7D as I have no experience with that model. You may well be right in you suggesting it to be capable of outperforming the 20D but what is important is that you took the time to research, try and finally chose a model that suited you. The magazine review obviously portrays a different view but for you the KM7D is the right choice. This is the point, we are all different and what is right and the best for one person is not necessarily the same for someone else. The people that rely on reviews only may well end up with equipment that does not suit them the best, but ignorance is bliss and how likely are they to ever find out?

Sorry for taking this off topic.

I have altered your link from within the picture, it appears that you inadvertently put the link to your control panel for uploading and editing your gallery rather than the gallery only link.

Hope that helps?

Back