Some thoughts and advice re Online Donation Page

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

I am part of a group that each year raises money at our local pub and then donates it to a unit at the local hospital. So far we have raised over 40k. This year we are looking to raise £20k cycling and due to a death the public awareness is high and many wish to give us money. We have never used online donation before.

The problem we have is that the likes of Justgiving etc require a registered charity to enable setup, they make their fees from giftaid. We are not a registered charity. Another problem is that the consultant is concerned that if we pay into the hospital's main charity fund the money will not reach his individual unit which the pub has an affintiy for.

Does anyone have any ideas to a solution?

You don't need to be a registered charity to use the paypal button, you can customize the button to use it for other things (I was looking into it for something else recently).

But if you are a registered charity I believe you can get lower fees.

We tried the paypal route but it looked awful. The worst thing was that it showed my name rather then our fundraising name. We reckoned that it just looked suss.

We tried the paypal route but it looked awful. The worst thing was that it showed my name rather then our fundraising name. We reckoned that it just looked suss.
yes it would use the account name (e.g. my Paypal payments shows up as FallenLight Photography).

you would probably be best setting up a new one.

How about this: http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/about/virgin-money-giving.jsp

I've not looked thoroughly, but it appears you don't have to be a registered charity to set up a page there.
Apologies if I set you off on a wild goose chase!

*Edit* It seems the recipient of the funds has to be a registered charity :-( Sorry. (although being a hospital unit, they may be!)

Last edited:
Back