Some tips needed

Name
Irina
Edit My Images
Yes
I am into portraits only, but would be taking my camera to Florence and would really appreciate any tips on the settings.

I'll have 50mm lens and planning to take photos of buildings, random people on the street (if I dare to) and then some views of the city from above (the hill), so what I should be paying attention to?

I shoot in manual and know which settings I need for a close up portrait, but no idea for the nature/street photography. For example, what my focus point should be? the building does not have eyes :) of what f should I set?

Thanks

I am into portraits only, but would be taking my camera to Florence and would really appreciate any tips on the settings.

I'll have 50mm lens and planning to take photos of buildings, random people on the street (if I dare to) and then some views of the city from above (the hill), so what I should be paying attention to?

I shoot in manual and know which settings I need for a close up portrait, but no idea for the nature/street photography. For example, what my focus point should be? the building does not have eyes :) of what f should I set?

Thanks
I aim for F11 and open up the aperture as the light drops.

Light permitting, f8 to f11 works well for buildings and urban scenes (though keep in mind that this is also sensitive to the focal length, if using other lenses). Try to avoid higher f-stops, which can degrade image quality.

Back