Some underwater red sea life

Ooh, they're really high quality shots (y)

Often when people post dive photos you get blue shots of things from above but these are fab, especially the Blenny as these are really tricky to shoot.

Ooh, they're really high quality shots (y)

Often when people post dive photos you get blue shots of things from above but these are fab, especially the Blenny as these are really tricky to shoot.

Cheers Ned - he gave me the run around his little coral head but in doing so I got a choice of backgrounds!

These are fab, what kit you using? Can I ask where these were taken and what depth?

Thanks Matthew, These were with a Canon 1dx and 100mm Macro in a Nauticam housing, with lighting by 2 x Sea and Sea YS-D1 strobes. Unless I have to go deep for a certain shot I tend to stay shallow when shooting as to get a linger dive - I think the deepest of these would have been around 15 meters, up to about 4 or 5 metres. All from just out of Hurghada in Egypt.

Mike

Some lovely images there.

What a lovely colourful set of images, great stuff. :)

Ok forgive me being a bit partisan:eek: the dude has helped me alot:). But damn Mike that has to be the best set of images from the natural world i've ever seen posted here each frame a corker and all different subjects

Killing it mate, you set a damn high bar Mike good for you !!

stu

Ok forgive me being a bit partisan:eek: the dude has helped me alot:). But damn Mike that has to be the best set of images from the natural world i've ever seen posted here each frame a corker and all different subjects

Killing it mate, you set a damn high bar Mike good for you !!

stu

Cheers Stu,

Thanks for the pat on the back - pretty sure they're not as good as some others on here over the years but I appreciate the ego massage!

Mike

Mike, some cracking images, Blenny is my favorite :)

I've just got back from a Egypt, I should really post up some of mine

Cheers Lee, please put up a thread - we need more U/W on here. Details of where you went and who with would be great as I'm always looking for details on which companies are best for photographers - I tend to use emperor and get a private guide but the cost quickly mounts up.

Mike

Lee,Id love to see your UW images too I love all this mate. I grew up by the sea and pretty much lived in it,. I'm landlocked now probably as far from the sea as one can get in blighty and miss it.i'd love to see your efforts please post 'em,just forgive me if I'm slow spotting them tis a bit mental here of late

Mike it's a dirty job but someones got to do it :D Seriously though I do love 'em top drawer mate cheers for sharing

stu

Cheers Lee, please put up a thread - we need more U/W on here. Details of where you went and who with would be great as I'm always looking for details on which companies are best for photographers - I tend to use emperor and get a private guide but the cost quickly mounts up.

Mike

Mike, you should get on a photography trip, makes so much difference, are you on Facebook? Check out Blue Duck Diving, they are based around your area and I know them all.

PM me if you want any further info

Lee,Id love to see your UW images too I love all this mate. I grew up by the sea and pretty much lived in it,. I'm landlocked now probably as far from the sea as one can get in blighty and miss it.i'd love to see your efforts please post 'em,just forgive me if I'm slow spotting them tis a bit mental here of late

Mike it's a dirty job but someones got to do it :D Seriously though I do love 'em top drawer mate cheers for sharing

stu

Stu

I need to update my flickr so I can post them up here, I have been neglecting this lately in favour of FB and Instagram and a new website I have been working on!

Im on the case, I will tag you on them when I get it done

Mike, you should get on a photography trip, makes so much difference, are you on Facebook? Check out Blue Duck Diving, they are based around your area and I know them all.

PM me if you want any further info

Cheers Lee, I'm not on facebook, but I'll try and get the details as I've not herd of them - cheers for the heads up

Mike

Good set mike see what you meant this morning . Just wish I was young enough to go back there and borrow your camera of course :banana: mind you I don’t do bad as a bird herder do I :p

Last edited:
Great shots Mike, and I've also checked out the other ones you linked to. The other Blue Spot Stingray shot is a cracker for showing the whole fish and well worth posting here. (y)

Back