Some wide images from Chamonix

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
If you could pull some more detail out of the top in DSC 2876 I am sure the clouds at the top would looks better.

The last three and I have to say the last is by far the most impressive. It needs to be presented very large to make the real impact for those who haven't seen it in person.

Nice set! I think these, especially the last two would look brilliant with some more contrast bringing out. I would drop the blacks to bring out the details and try and raise the shadows of the 3rd foreground a bit.

I think I seriously need to plan a tour of the Alps!

my favourite here is la boîte aux lettres....no 4
crushes you with its power...

my favourite here is la boîte aux lettres....no 4
crushes you with its power...

I’ve got some others from that series I will post later. The cloud moved quickly and the light was fleeting. Not my normal conditions to shoot in but such a fun evening.

I want to retake the last on a less hazy day with a bit more clouds about. I’ll be back next year.

Last edited:
I’ve got some others from that series I will post later. The cloud moved quickly and the light was fleeting. Not my normal conditions to shoot in but such a fun evening.

I want to retake the last on a less hazy day with a bit more clouds about. I’ll be back next year.

same here...i find a mountain shot and then discover in the bottom of the files a better one..imho only..!
we will both watch this space...good hiking and i guess ski-ing

Back