TPer Emerita
Name
Glo
Edit My Images
Yes
.... Then again it might just be an old Toad :LOL:

Copy-of-pics-412-1.jpg

Tis a Toad isnt it and not a frog?

Nice shot Glo! Tis a toad I'm pretty sure. Could do with a tad more space on the right perhaps? Dirty knees now then? :D

Dirty knees now then? :D

Bet that won't be the first time!!! ;) :D :LOL:

And by the way... you should've sent them to Photobox...your prince will come an awful lot quicker then!!! :D :LOL:

Oh brilliant shot btw......becoming quite the little nature photographer arent we!!! ;)

Excellent shot Glo! :clap: I love the detail and colours in its eye.

This any better CT?

412-2.jpg

Or do you think he's lacking room at the top?

This is the untouched original ...

C-412.jpg

One of the few snaps Ive felt fairly pleased with using the 100mm macro. I always seem to get shake! :bonk:

Oh & not so much dirty knees as wet ones!
I took this on all fours outside the front door ... dustmen had a field day! :embarrassed:

(y) for me the original works best nice shot btw

Hmm... not a lot of crop room to play with there Glo. :shrug:

Hmm... not a lot of crop room to play with there Glo. :shrug:

I think youre probably right there actually CT, I tried to get the shot 'in camera' but was pleased to see how much detail Id got as I cropped in ... I dont seem to be able to get this with the smaller critters!

I blame that Messiah Kahn myself! :LOL:

Oh and that black hair on his head ... tis mine ... damn thing jumped up and smacked me on the head Urrgh! :puke:

Thanks for the info Mitch (y)

I fear he is no more though!
He'd been snuggled at the back of the dustbin for over a week & yesterday I noticed he'd gone.
I went to peep at the Polecats this morning and theres 5 dismembered Frogs around where Id seen them, not a pretty sight!

Tis a frog, quite an old guy I think and skinny for the time of year. If the Polecats didn't get him I think he's not long for his world anyway. :(
I have several frogs and toads in my pond, some have survived for 5-6 years or more, you get know them from their size and markings.

Good capture Glo! (y)

I blame that Messiah Kahn myself! :LOL:

:bat: :p

Nice shot. Di you use flash at all, as its a very clean and sharp shot. Its a slight shame that you missed off the back of the legs, and for that reason I think a thighter crop works better. I would say number 1 crop works best, but give it a bit more space at the bottom.:)

Age is species dependent Glo, it ranges from 2 to 40 years but the average is 4 to 15 years.
I have one frog and one toad that are 9 years old, my garden is reasonably well protected from predators ( including polecats!)

I took this on all fours outside the front door ... dustmen had a field day! :embarrassed:

+

Thanks for the info Mitch (y)

I fear he is no more though!
He'd been snuggled at the back of the dustbin for over a week & yesterday I noticed he'd gone.
I went to peep at the Polecats this morning and there's 5 dismembered Frogs around where Id seen them, not a pretty sight!

I see what happened now :LOL: You wheeled the bin out for the dustmen, and on returning you noticed the frog on your doorstep... began snapping away while giving said dustmen a nice view.

The real story

InaGlo goes out to Wheelie bins and proceeds to wheel the right one out for the bin men to empty. What she doesn't realise is that her resident frog was a little too close to the wheels of the wheelie bin, and poor Mr frog went 'weeee splat ... weeee splat ... weee splat' (I'm sure you get the picture.. the curve in the frogs back definitely says "I have been run over by a wheelie bin" :LOL:), finally flying off the wheel as InaGlo passes her doorway.

InaGlo returns to the door and sees Mr Frog; "Oh how cute! a frog!" then runs to fetch her camera.

Mean while Mr Frog is struggling to breath.

"Oh you're still there, goody! Everyone on TP will be so impressed with the shots I'm going to get of you while you're keeping so still... what a good frog you are!"
Mr Frog thinks 'Where the hell did you think I would be woman, I just spend a few very painful moments stuck to the wheel of your bin while you proceeded to wheel it up the path! My last chance was to hop away to the frog hospital down the road, and I had little strength left to get there, you soon put a stop to that by headbutting me as I tried to make my getaway! All my organs are crushed I have severe concussion (maybe even brain damage) and I am dying god damn it!'

InaGlo runs inside to check out her brilliant shots. Once her back is turned, those oh so cute :)love:) Polecats come and swipe Mr frog and finally put him out of his misery.

The End

:shrug: :LOL:

Hehe, I doubt for a minute you did hon, but it was a fun story that just evolved as I was typing a reply :LOL:

And they really are cracking shots IMO. Maybe pick a more lively one to pose for you next time though :LOL:

Incredible shot, love the sharpness on the eye, how long did he stay about?

Back