Somewhere in Manchester

Second ones a bit creepy, but that first one is beautiful.
Hi Mads. Yes I can probably see how you get the creepy feeling. I'm happy you thought the first was beautiful. As when I came accross the scene that was my thoughts.
Second one jumps out at me. Well spotted and well captured.
Thanks Peter
Second one is brilliant
Cheers Tom
Agreed 2nd is brilliant
Many thanks for the feedback.

Gaz

Nice ones.

I hope he pulled in his gut to let the lorry past.

If he was slimmer that apron would be spotless :D , nice shots

Two 'real' images in my eyes, wonderful.:)
PS.....The truck is giving way;)

That second shot is outstanding! Really nicely done.

"Really"

I like that :)

To be honest I didnt think anyone would reply to this thread when I posted it. Of the two images I much prefered the first. Strange how things are veiwed by different eyes.

Many thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback.

Gaz

Like em both but the second for me wins it. Did the guy see you taking the photo?

Last edited:
Nice find, both of them telling a story. And I applaud your use of portrait orientation. (y)

Last edited:
@d00d Thanks for the feedback. Funny you should mention the portrait orientation as I very seldom take photos this way. I must have done it instinctively as these were taken very quickly.

Gaz

This latter foto is amazing, I have only just seen today. Truly it is. My mind spoke Manhattan Bridge(W'ton St.) @ Brooklyn however without epic but more sinister, just the scenario/mood/depth of composition in portrait mode.

I saw your 'yes' on avatar & dragged truck/mileu west 5mm to gift this more gap @ his tummy. This improves of course (●⌣●) Yes I will delete, I prefer though..

This is such a special photograph you know, it could be with cellfone or anything, it's not important. Très Bon.

My human translator is awol, apologies.

Not a critique but a personal observation....
Both excellent canadid shots. Whilst the second has the most impact I think for me the first is the one I prefer. I don't remember the smogs in Manchester but my dad did. He had several oils by Arthur Delaney which he described as being more representative of the real Manchester than some others. Your first image, whilst not as 'dark', reminds me of some of those paintings and of my dad.
Thanks for posting them.

My human translator is awol, apologies.
No need you did just fine. I'm happy you like the image so much. Thanks for your feedback makes posting worhtwhile.
Thank you.
Whilst the second has the most impact I think for me the first is the one I prefer
Hi Lain.
I'm with you I prefer the first image, that said going off the replies on here the 2nd seems to have something that people like.

I will have a look at the work of the artist you mention.

Thanks for the reply.

Gaz

Back