Undecided Somewhere next week!

Edit My Images
No
I've been really busy with in work and have had no time to plan anything for a week off next week.

As usual looking at the forecast here the weather is terrible (as it is every time I take time off) so I'm looking for some ideas on where to go UK or otherwise.

If it it was nice I'd be heading to North Wales or even Scotland, I quite like the mountain walks and scenery. Was really hoping to catch some snow there but forecast I think is strong winds and rain :(

I'm not really thinking a beach holiday, I don't do those really. I'd like to do Slovenia or Norway etc but I've left it to late for that I think. Maybe a city break away Amsterdam. Prague but my first choice would have been some mountain walks etc some nice outdoors.

Any ideas welcome :)

Last edited:
You might want to add some more details otherwise you might end up with answers like Disney.

I think in the absence of proper winter weather the coast can be the best place to go, if you’re into landscapes anyway. I’m toying with Northumberland later in the month, gorgeous up there

Don't knoiw what the weather is like and the ferry might be a bit rough but you get both sea and mountains around the Picos de Europa, Northern Spain

I think in the absence of proper winter weather the coast can be the best place to go, if you’re into landscapes anyway. I’m toying with Northumberland later in the month, gorgeous up there

I don't know that area at all or what's there, any place inparticular to look at?

Don't knoiw what the weather is like and the ferry might be a bit rough but you get both sea and mountains around the Picos de Europa, Northern Spain

I'll take a look thanks.

Bowness on Windermere is nice, in The Lakes.

I went to the Lake for the first time in October hoping for some Autumn colours but the weather was terrible. I stayed in Keswick which I thought was really nice and would like to see it in the winter, but a cold winter so there's snow, frost or something not the high winds and heavy rain we're getting lol

I went to the Lake for the first time in October hoping for some Autumn colours but the weather was terrible. I stayed in Keswick which I thought was really nice and would like to see it in the winter, but a cold winter so there's snow, frost or something not the high winds and heavy rain we're getting lol

Spain it is then :)

I'm going there on Saturday

I don't know that area at all or what's there, any place inparticular to look at?

It all depends what you like but I like the stretch from Lindisfarne down to Alnmouth. There's opportunities all along though, it's more industrial from Blyth to Tynemouth which can work too.

Still haven’t decided but think I’ll head to north wales on Sunday, then on Tuesday decide on rest of the week.

Really would like to go to Scotland, where’s a good place to stay that’s central to glencoe etc. ?

There's something about drizzle in NW that is magic either way. Went in August due to climb Snowdon and ended up on lower level trails but when the mist temporarily lifted... WOW! Also the excess water running down the mountains definitely added something to photos.

Back