Beginner Sony camcorder rig (more info added)

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
camera shot.jpg
taken with the Panasonic Lumix DC-TZ95 compact camera in 4K

Sony FDX-AX53 handycam fitted with a UV filter -Sennheiser MKE400 Microphone- Nikon SK-7 extn bar- CN160 light all on a Moman tripod with a Moman pan head.

Only issue was the light fitting base jammed up in the camcorder hotshoe cover, so had to use a small extn piece to clear the hotshoe cover

P1030116.JPG

Last edited:
Cool,
Why does it say "free" in the heading?
Folks might think you're giving it all away.... ;)

One thing i have had to adapt is the "deadcat" support. For extreme windy conditions I use one made by Gutmann which is a really hairy beast but works fantastically.

P1030134a.jpg

as you can see there is a possiblilty of hairs showing up when camcorder is in wide angle mode. so the answer was to raise the deadcat up far enough. So I not only used the bottom part of that stud I added height and strength using this

xx.jpg
and added a couple of rubber washers to cut down any vibration and allow a soft connection. this raised the mike up enough to clear the lens wide open
Had to setup in menu mike indicator on screen

Last edited:
So how good is that "deadcat"? some time ago I did a test with the mike on another camera setup in front of a desk fan. below is the result, I think you may be amazed. you can just see the hairs at the top of the picture in the second half of the video

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvEkZ_S3V7o

Last edited:
Back