South Crete Milky Way.

Nod

Tootles
Name
Nod (UK)
Edit My Images
Yes
Actually remembered to take the D750 and 14mm/2.8 Tamron on our recent holiday with the express intention of shooting the MW with as little light pollution as possible.
Best laid plan gang slightly agley when the wind got up a bit so access to the top of the harbour wall was restricted (by Mrs Nod - I wasn't really pished, just a few past sober!) and I couldn't get (100% safely) to a point where I had a completely unhindered view of the MW. Had a crack at the MW including the town (Agia Gallini) but flare beat flair hands down!

Assorted levels of level adjustments, everything else left alone (shot as JPEG).
The dark blob on the horizon is the twin islets of Paximada.

GN1_5615 copy.jpgGN1_5617 copy.jpgGN1_5619 copy.jpg

And a couple more, this time from the beach just East of the river mouth.

The shadow is me trying to reduce the flare to a less intrusive level.

GN1_5608 copy.jpgGN1_5600 copy.jpg

Very nice, and just what Im after atm... going to Lanzarote in a few days and hoping for the same kind of thing. Iv not checked up on times yet, what time did you take these?

Somewhere between after dinner and bedtime! Sorry to be so imprecise but I was a bit more than 1/2 cut and only realised that the clock in the camera wasn't set to anything near right when I looked at the EXIF to see the time for you. At a guess, about 11pm to midnight (Greek time) and looking almost due South, maybe a few degrees West of South.

Haha...now its an even better shot if you were half p***ed! Thanks mate, in Lanza now and have an excellent window of opportunity next weekend...fingers crossed

Back