Critique South Devon - Some photos from the last couple of months

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
The first two were taken from Brent Tor near Ivybridge and the third is was taken last night on Mattiscombe beach - I wanted to try out my new (tiny but lightweight) tent so I headed off along the coast path from Start Point after work for a surprisingly chilly night (if the 'one season' of a one-season sleeping bag isn't summer then I don't know when it is...).

Brent Tor vista by Tom Pinches, on Flickr

Brent Tor trees by Tom Pinches, on Flickr

Mattiscombe tent by Tom Pinches, on Flickr

I headed off along the coast path from Start Point after work for a surprisingly chilly night (if the 'one season' of a one-season sleeping bag isn't summer then I don't know when it is...).
Unfortunately it probably needs summer weather for a one season sleeping bag to work. It hasn't felt much like summer the last few days.

Looks like some nice light in the first one.

Unfortunately it probably needs summer weather for a one season sleeping bag to work. It hasn't felt much like summer the last few days.

Looks like some nice light in the first one.

You’re right. I woke up to drizzle :( it was fun nonetheless!

I like the first, lovely summer feel to it. Third is good too, as a fellow one man tenter I like the blue hour shot with the tent lit. Second is a bit cramped top and bottom of frame for me.

I like the first, lovely summer feel to it. Third is good too, as a fellow one man tenter I like the blue hour shot with the tent lit. Second is a bit cramped top and bottom of frame for me.

Thanks Craig, I think 2 is my least favourite too. I’m a bit annoyed about 1 because I didn’t commit and get my tripod out so it’s handheld at ISO 800 so it’s pretty noisy. Turned out to be a nice shot. Lesson learnt though - if it’s wort shooting it’s worth shooting well!

Back