South Milton Sands/Thurlstone

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
A quick stop at South Milton Sand before work - (£5 to park!) - low tide meant i could get a shot through the arch. Light and sky weren't great as it was about 10ish, so it was more of a scout. Have to wait until low tide coincides with dawn AND good conditions AND be able to escape parenting duties....

Thurlstone by Tom Pinches, on Flickr

Excellent shot! Can I suggest perhaps a crop off the bottom, might help draw focus to the main subject?

Cheers

Nicely done I suggest darkening the sky and rock

Excellent shot! Can I suggest perhaps a crop off the bottom, might help draw focus to the main subject?

Cheers

Thanks Alex. I cropped a bit off the bottom but I tried to keep that swishy arc of white water to act as a bit of a leading line towards the rock. If I cropped any more it would cut the bottom off it.

Nicely done I suggest darkening the sky and rock

Thanks Alf. I think you’re right about the sky, as it would make it a bit more dramatic. Didn’t want to just use a gradient tool as I didn’t want to darken the rock too much more. I did a bit of dodge and burn on the clouds to the right. I could try a bit of luminosity masking... I might have another go with it.

Back