Critique South Stack

Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for a little feedback if possible on these shots from South Stack in Angelsey.
Carried out some initial PP on the images in a few styles (one or two of the shots had the PP pasted from another shot). So any PP thoughts are welcome too.
Normally I'm pretty decisive over these things, maybe I need to put them in a box and forget about them for a few months....

1.a.

Untitled
by Ian Simpson, on Flickr

1.b.

Untitled

1.c.

Untitled

1.d.

Untitled

1.e.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Thanks.......

If it matters, I use Lightroom but I do have access to Photoshop (even though I've never used it)

Hi Ian,
I think 1e is the best of that series as the blown sun in the other shots really spoils them for me. Personally I would of looked at angles where you didn't have the sun in shot or waited a little longer so it wasn't so strong.

3 is spoilt by the sky imo, looks really noisy and overworked, 4 is pleasant enough but not the best light.

Hi Ian,
I think 1e is the best of that series as the blown sun in the other shots really spoils them for me. Personally I would of looked at angles where you didn't have the sun in shot or waited a little longer so it wasn't so strong.

3 is spoilt by the sky imo, looks really noisy and overworked, 4 is pleasant enough but not the best light.

Haha, now you mention the sky in 3 it really does stand out!! Think I may need to dial that back a little!!!

Nice set of images Ian, #1e, would probably be my fav' but you were certainly up against some hard to deal with light. I also like #3 (B&W) shot for the good contrasty presentation but do feel you've over PPd it a little.(y)

George.

Nice set of images Ian, #1e, would probably be my fav' but you were certainly up against some hard to deal with light. I also like #3 (B&W) shot for the good contrasty presentation but do feel you've over PPd it a little.(y)

George.

Yeah, me too now i look at it a few weeks later, think i'll revisit the image!!

Back