Critique South Yorkshire Indian Summer!

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, ive not managed to be on here for quite a while so was determined to sit down tonight and have a good browse and comment on the very high quality of work that is submitted on here. I thought id submit a couple also for anybody that would like to crit, good or bad. cheers for looking..

Wortley Sunset by Adam Norton, on Flickr

Wortley Sunset by Adam Norton, on Flickr

Lovely sky.
Just a little too much lifting of the shadows on the ground given the low sun.
It's resulted in quite a pronounced halo along the hilltop from the centre and off to the left in the hay shot.

A good composition for number 1, but as mentioned the land has been lightened too much just under the horizon, so much so it appears frosty. The sky is great and the low light skimming the landscape is attractive, but you need to lift the shadows in the rocks but do so in a natural way. Try playing with the Shadow/Highlight tool in Photoshop with a large radius. Image processing is one of the most difficult parts but you have the ingredients of a very pretty shot there. Number 2 isn't quite working, the light on the straw (it's not hay!) in particular is great but the background behind is distracting with the tree and pylons. I'm not sure you could really improve the composition though as there aren't anymore stacks to choose from. It does have a nice late summer vibe about it though.

Back