Southend Urban Shoot

LewisHall

Suspended / Banned
Name
Lewis
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Nice set however I think they need a lot more urban and a little less girlfriend.
What I mean by that is she is quite imposing in them.

Nice set however I think they need a lot more urban and a little less girlfriend.
What I mean by that is she is quite imposing in them.

Thankyou!

Any idea how I can make them less her and more urban? I've only just started taking portraits but like the urban surroundings for them. Unfortunately I have no other models than her lol!

Thankyou!

Any idea how I can make them less her and more urban? I've only just started taking portraits but like the urban surroundings for them. Unfortunately I have no other models than her lol!
Zoom out so more of the surroundings are in the image. She's a great model, so don't complain :)

The first and last work for me.

A general portrait tip first... Don't have your model look straight at the sun, it'll never look good, it makes us squint.

Then re the 'urban' look, the pose and composition are what you should concentrate on, the pose from no3 would work with framing something like 4.

The first and last work for me.

A general portrait tip first... Don't have your model look straight at the sun, it'll never look good, it makes us squint.

Then re the 'urban' look, the pose and composition are what you should concentrate on, the pose from no3 would work with framing something like 4.

Cheers Phil!

I see what you mean like in the first and second shot?

Oh okay, unfortunately I took all close shots for the third shot!

Last edited:
I'm liking these, is that at the far end of the seafront by chalkwell hill?

Thanks!! I'm not to sure.... it's next to Cliffs Pavillion? It is on a hill though

Some nice images there, I like the second and the last.
It's a pity about the squinting but I'm sure you'll look out for that in the future

3 and 5 worked for me - this looked like a portrait session in an urban environment, rather than an urban environment that just happens to contain an attractive woman.

Some nice images there, I like the second and the last.
It's a pity about the squinting but I'm sure you'll look out for that in the future

Thankyou! Yes definitely going to look out for it in the future(y)

3 and 5 worked for me - this looked like a portrait session in an urban environment, rather than an urban environment that just happens to contain an attractive woman.

Thanks!

Maybe i worded the title slightly wrong saying urban shoot rather than a portrait shoot it an urban location!

Back