Southern Hawker

Name
Emma
Edit My Images
Yes
I have only managed to spot a couple of dragonflies (at rest..my photographic skills aren't up to capturing them in flight...and I've tried!) this year. This was the only shot I was particularly happy with. Unfortunately it landed a fair way above me, surrounded by very crunchy bracken and gorse, so not much room for manouevre - but they are such fascinating creatures.

prickly landing by Emma Varley, on Flickr

Well captured Emma. Have a look at the Dragonflies communal thread over in the Wild and free section.

Super inspiring image Emma:clap::clap::clap: If the weather forecast is right for next week I will be going out with my friend just for Dragons and Damsels at a place near Oldham. Anyone in my location wishing to come most welcome. PM for details. Last time at this location took 86 pics and binned the lot but hoping to do better next time:rolleyes:. I also saw a Dragonfly drown and was totally gutted that I could not save it I am a big softy really.:)

Well captured Emma. Have a look at the Dragonflies communal thread over in the Wild and free section.
Wow - there are some fantastic shots there Mark - love your in flight ones!

Super inspiring image Emma:clap::clap::clap: If the weather forecast is right for next week I will be going out with my friend just for Dragons and Damsels at a place near Oldham. Anyone in my location wishing to come most welcome. PM for details. Last time at this location took 86 pics and binned the lot but hoping to do better next time:rolleyes:. I also saw a Dragonfly drown and was totally gutted that I could not save it I am a big softy really.:)
Thank you very much Charles :) Good luck for your trip..I bin plenty, too! Hope there are no watery deaths this time :( ...but I'm sure your passion for them will help you get those shots.

Beautiful shot, Emma...as already mentioned, the colours look great, really vivid :cool:

Lovely shot, was trying to get a good shot of one of these the other day and it just would not stay still - they're inquisitive little things as well and think nothing of flying in close circles around people just to check them out. Had one land on the end of my lens before now while I was trying to photograph a bird!

Back