Southport pier sunset (new edit added)

So I've had another go at editing this, I think much more successfully than the first edit. It's been nagging at me that it just didn't have any depth of colour to it and it didn't really represent the colours I saw. I still don't think it's quite there yet, seems to be lacking the sheer intensity of red I remember (probably doesn't help that I blew out the reds slightly)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/SNa94w]Southport pier sunset 2017 edit2 by Simon Lundbeck, on Flickr[/URL]

Last edited:
Had another go at this again this eve and I've updated the 2nd image.. I'm finally reasonably happy with it. There's probably a lot more to come from the raw yet but it seems beyond my PP capabilities!

Well, the sky is the main feature, so you're right to ensure it is the star of the show. I like the delicacy of the pier structure. If anything I'd have been tempted to make the pier a bit more significant in the frame, but that's not a big issue.

Thanks Tobers and I know what you mean about the scale of the pier. I've another couple of shots from the evening from different perspectives where the pier is more of a feature so I may have a further play when time permits

Back