Southwold - Early morning trio

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Well I actually managed to get out of bed at 3am this morning for my trip to the seaside for an early morning shoot.
Although the weather was good, the lack of any significant localised cloud formations slightly dampened my spirit, however upon my return to base I was actually quite pleased how the overall shots came out.

Blue Hour

Southwold Blue Hour by neil almond, on Flickr

At First Sunlight

Southwold Rising by neil almond, on Flickr

Post Sunrise

Southwold Dawn LE by neil almond, on Flickr

Three fantastic images Neil.
The second though, with that light and the touch of water movement, is the winner by far.
Well worth the early start!

Three very nice shot's Neil, with different but equally nice light in each.(y)

Purely a personal preference, I would have preferred to have seen the water movement in #3 about the same as #2, other than that very nice indeed.

George.

I would normally go for the flat water of a longer exposure as per 3, but would go for 2 this time - the wave movement makes it.

Fair play for the early start too !

Three very nice shot's Neil, with different but equally nice light in each.(y)

Purely a personal preference, I would have preferred to have seen the water movement in #3 about the same as #2, other than that very nice indeed.

George.

Cheers George.

3 for me, love the serenity of it, and the light on the foreground rocks and pier. The composition is terrific.

Very good set of shots, nice to see the transition of the light and you timed it just right with the falling tide.

they are incredible!!! How much post did you have to do to pull those colours out?

A
they are incredible!!! How much post did you have to do to pull those colours out?

Actually hardly any. Small tweaks to either vibrance / saturation / colour balance. That's it.

I would have preffered No2 to have been under 1/2 second and it would have been perfectbut I like it and the others are too long for me.

Last edited:
Lovely set Neil, I have to agree with George here and say the perfect shot would of been with water movement in 2 and light in no3, the light is just more appealing in 3, brings the rocks and pier to life!

I love this series. The changes in light are wonderful to see as the day starts. Blue hours good, great time to be out and about.

Thanks Steve and you're absolutely right being out at that time of day, Magical time to be out and about.

Reactions: ST4
Excellent! I'd like to pitch in a special vote for number 1; there's a certain other-worldliness about that one that I really like. :)

Back