Southwold huts

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent a week in Norfolk and managed to get over the border into Suffolk for a sunrise.

My first time in Southwold and I think I dropped lucky with the light and condition of the sand (no foot prints).

I suppose going to the coast at the start of March isn't that appealing to most people :)

Rooms with a view by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.

Sky lovely - rendition of the huts is lovely but not so sure on the big clump of grass front and central. I’m trying to look beyond it but im dragged straight back to it..

Sky lovely - rendition of the huts is lovely but not so sure on the big clump of grass front and central. I’m trying to look beyond it but im dragged straight back to it..

When setting up the composition I did try various heights to get the grass more in / out of shot and to reveal more of the leading path. So I did share your concern :)
When I got back I preferred the shot above - my eye goes straight to the white hut then down the line of huts.

I also like elements of an image to span from one area into the next - the grass slightly into the huts, the huts into the sky.

Dave.

Nice work Dave, lots of colours going on there. I actually like the composition as it is. It just shows the beach and huts as huts on a beach [emoji4] . Strangely every time I go there, I just don’t see a shot. I walk around it and can’t get what I want.
I hope this wasn’t the image of the holiday?

Nice work Dave, lots of colours going on there. I actually like the composition as it is. It just shows the beach and huts as huts on a beach [emoji4] . Strangely every time I go there, I just don’t see a shot. I walk around it and can’t get what I want.
I hope this wasn’t the image of the holiday?

Thanks Paul - it was the best image from the trip. I had some great sunrise conditions at Cley with reflections of the mill in the river at high tide and golden light onto the reeds but not a cloud in the sky - just blue sky. I got a few Seal shots as well that I quite like but I am more a landscape photographer these days

Back