Beginner Southwold Sunrise

No pictures?

Welcome to the club… it needed some fiddling for me too!

It paid off to be patient as your picts were all worth it!
One suggestion, if I may, get rid of the two panels in #4,
otherwise, very cool rendition!

This is a truly stunning set of images however, #1 is by far my favorite because of the colours and the composition with the rocks leading the eye nicely into the frame. Well done!

Number 3 is my favourite , lovely colours in the sky and a calming image , Well done you :cool:

Welcome to the club… it needed some fiddling for me too!

It paid off to be patient as your picts were all worth it!
One suggestion, if I may, get rid of the two panels in #4,
otherwise, very cool rendition!

Thankyou very much Kodiak - appreciate the feedback. I personally quite like the panels in number 4 but I guess that's the beauty of photography, personal interpretation!

Thanks a lot Bullysrus :)

This is a truly stunning set of images however, #1 is by far my favorite because of the colours and the composition with the rocks leading the eye nicely into the frame. Well done!

Ah, I think so too.. something about that shot really works for me! I had one lucky sunrise that day, so many different colours & weather conditions within about half an hour :)

Number 3 is my favourite , lovely colours in the sky and a calming image , Well done you :cool:

Perfect, thankyou! I've not been sure on that one, so your feedback is greatly received :)

Very nice set.
Not too sure of the low viewpoint in number 2 with the wave obscuring the pier, but I guess that cracking sky steals the show anyway.

As a beginner myself the only advice I can give is,I use to put my best photos up,now I just put the crap ones,you get more feedback.lol

Great set - apart from No1- the Pier appears to be slanted- the effect of a wide angle lens is my guess, can be corrected in Photoshop though

Les

I can't argue with 2 and 3 - they are great and look well executed.

No 1 is overexposed in the sky quite severely. I'd take 2 exposures and manually blend them - it is dead easy with such simple horizon. But then the composition leaves me wanting more on the left and the distortion of the pier of the fragment on the right is too much. And clone out the chemtrail.

Great effort Aaron.

My take on all 4 as follows.

1. Rock formation too central IMHO (could have been placed a little further left bringing the dun more central and more of the pier into play).
Overexposed - as already mentioned - stronger filter required or exposure blending required.
Wide angle distortion - the pier is well and truly tilted! Straighten it up using ACR / LR / PTlens / Photoshop

2. I like this perspective a lot, but a few inches higher would have made all the difference (not easy with breaking waves I know)
Colours look a little un-natural, check your WB / Sat / Vib levels.

3. For me the best image technically and compositionally - very nice!
Bit too much sharpening / clarity / contrast / structure applied, however.

4. Another nice shot.
Slighty O/exposed sky.
Bit to much foreground from a compositional point of view IMHO.
Looks like too much clarity / contrast / structure / sharpening applied. Tell tale sign is if you look at the pier legs there is a very slight haloing effect especially where they meet the sea horizon.

Just my penny's worth Aaron, but from a beginner perspective I would have been very happy indeed.

Back