Spa Classic 2017

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No

MUST HAVE BEEN VERY NOISY!

My picks are 5 and 6! (y)

The Formula E series doesn't really put out a great deal of mechanical sound, so probably incomparable to Group C, or classic endurance machinery

I'm not to initiated to these things so
I don't get anything of what you say… o_O
all look noisy to me! :cool:

I checked out for these classes and what not and
I can't get the sense of it as I am in the middle of
a heavy PP… but I'll come back to it when I get a
minute.

For now, I stay with — if they look like mean ma-
chines, it MUST be noisy!

Nice Matty - did you drive over., have trackside pass?
Image 3 is Vincent Gaye - quality racer

And noisy - well when those 80's le man's cars went around...

Group C arent very noisy at all. Except the early 90's Mazda 787.
Most are turbo like the porches and dont make alot of noise. The saubers are a deeper rumble though.
Older cars like the Lola T70's pump out more noise as they are less sophisticated engines.

I am the biggest sports car fan admittedly but they dont compare to F1 from the late 80's - mid noughties. (i hate what f1 is now)
Cant compare to the beauty that is Group C however.

Nice Matty - did you drive over., have trackside pass?
Image 3 is Vincent Gaye - quality racer

And noisy - well when those 80's le man's cars went around...

Thanks mate, certainly did do the drive over, an easy trip from the UK, even with the 5 hours each way to Dover. It's about the 4th time I've done the trip, and it's always worth it!
Vincent Gaye was on it all weekend, winning the Trofeo Nastro Rosso in the Ferrari 275 GTB/C - he's got some skills that lad.
And yeah, these are shot from trackside, though Spa is a pretty spectator friendly circuit in photo terms as well.

Group C arent very noisy at all. Except the early 90's Mazda 787.
Most are turbo like the porches and dont make alot of noise. The saubers are a deeper rumble though.
Older cars like the Lola T70's pump out more noise as they are less sophisticated engines.

I am the biggest sports car fan admittedly but they dont compare to F1 from the late 80's - mid noughties. (i hate what f1 is now)
Cant compare to the beauty that is Group C however.

I was surprised that the Euro F2 seemed the noisiest of the grids this week, really left a rattle in the ear. The Group C cars aren't necessarily THE noisiest, but when you're stood a few feet from them at full chat, they're no whisperers.
These classic events are a lot more appealing for me, as personally I think the cars are much more aesthetically appealing, and the sound and smell is proper evocative of racing how it should be!

2+5 superb shots from an interesting set nice work.

Thanks very much Gary, I'll be taking a look at some of your shots later today to prepare myself for the weekend covering the Brands Masters. Apologies for any pinched compositions haha

Completely agree. The only downside to classic racing is the vast spread in lap times and quality. Often the races are rather boring as one car is miles ahead.
I do love the group Cs. Used to watch them at the Brands Classic all the time until they took them off the bill.

Hopefully the new sportscar classic series really takes off and we see some good 90s and noughties stuff out!

Thanks mate, certainly did do the drive over, an easy trip from the UK, even with the 5 hours each way to Dover. It's about the 4th time I've done the trip, and it's always worth it!
Vincent Gaye was on it all weekend, winning the Trofeo Nastro Rosso in the Ferrari 275 GTB/C - he's got some skills that lad.
And yeah, these are shot from trackside, though Spa is a pretty spectator friendly circuit in photo terms as well.

We went the Lille route on the way over, mistake, as there were 4 roadworks and two accidents. Went via Brussels on the way back.
Vincent Gaye was drifting that car through Eau Rouge, considering it's worth....

Great set mate. My favourites are #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7 and #8.

I'm no expert on noise as I'm such a shy quiet guy but that Rover at Donington last year nearly perforated my ear drums.

Completely agree. The only downside to classic racing is the vast spread in lap times and quality. Often the races are rather boring as one car is miles ahead.
I do love the group Cs. Used to watch them at the Brands Classic all the time until they took them off the bill.

Hopefully the new sportscar classic series really takes off and we see some good 90s and noughties stuff out!

It would be good, wouldn't it. The Spa Classic had a record attendance of around 20,000 this year, there is definitely interest in Classic Racing, and I hope this gets adequately catered for in the coming years!

We went the Lille route on the way over, mistake, as there were 4 roadworks and two accidents. Went via Brussels on the way back.
Vincent Gaye was drifting that car through Eau Rouge, considering it's worth....

I think we must have got lucky on the way over. Went via Arras (as the Belgian roads are usually a nightmare compared to France) and had a breeze of a journey. Must have just been lucky!
I wasn't around Eau Rouge for the Nastro Rosso races, but the lads in the 60s endurance race were coming in on a right drift when the temps had dropped and it was pitch black on Saturday night. Stood on the inside of Eau Rouge then was quite the thrill!!

Great set mate. My favourites are #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7 and #8.

I'm no expert on noise as I'm such a shy quiet guy but that Rover at Donington last year nearly perforated my ear drums.

Aww thanks Fence sitter! Those SD1s are nice arent they. The Ripolin Capri 2600RS was really naughty on Saturday too, my ears are still ringing

What a great set. I love your processing style. #2 is just WOW!

Thanks very much, I'm trying to work on the processing a bit, as well as playing with composition more, as I'm shooting less rally and more circuit stuff these days. Hopefully it's starting to come together a bit, but I've still got a long way to go, to get where I want to be. Cheers dude

Stunning work as always @MattyW. Pick of the bunch for me is the flaming M1.

Stunning work as always @MattyW. Pick of the bunch for me is the flaming M1.

Thanks very much, first time I've seen the M1 Procars on track so it was a treat to shoot them! Cheers

#1, #2 & #3 for me Matty from an interesting set

Thanks very much Neil, it was a really good event, and I look forward to heading back to Spa in September for the 6h Classic

Great shots. The only times I've been to Spa was when part of the circuit was a public road, not sure if this is still the case. Do you guys get passes to shoot inside the fences at Silverstone?

Great shots. The only times I've been to Spa was when part of the circuit was a public road, not sure if this is still the case. Do you guys get passes to shoot inside the fences at Silverstone?

Thanks Archie, it's not possible to drive any of the circuit these days, though most of the old Spa circuit is on public roads, which with a bit of research, it is possible to navigate still.
I was lucky enough to shoot last years Silverstone Classic from media side, and I'll be there this year for more of the same! A few shots from last year got posted here https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/silverstone-classic-2016.632014/

Amazing shots, especially the portrait one (Very good spot/atmosphere)!

Thanks very much indeed Kalin, it's always a pleasure to shoot at Spa, it's a track that really lends itself well to photography in my opinion

Lovely work indeed, great set!

Thanks very much indeed, glad these have gone down well

These are so good mate, top work.

Cheers Neil, really glad you like them mate, been working hard to try and improve my game, so hopefully it's starting to go in a good direction!

Nice set, my fav is 2...great composition with the yellow and red kerbs.

Thanks Paul, those kerbs sing Spa to me, and the procars are just glorious to shoot. Cheers buddy

[QUOTE=" Cheers Neil, really glad you like them mate, been working hard to try and improve my game, so hopefully it's starting to go in a good direction!
[/QUOTE]

All superb in my eyes, but 1, 2 , 3, 5 & 6 are outstanding.

Back