space station

Nice one Rob, doesn't look an easy thing to catch.

Ignore me if I'm wrong but I believe we met at Coningsby last night, over at the 25 end at sunset?

Regards, Harry.

Manul focus .

No not been to cony for a few years now .

Rob.

That is a truly amazing shot Rob.
I watched the ISS for the first time on Wednesday evening,
wished I had the camera with me when I did.

Alan

7DmkII 600f4isLmkII 2xtcMKII Gitzo Tripod Lensmaster RH-2 Gimbal 1/320/f8 iso 800

Rob.

Hi Rob,

Please tell us dull buggers in terms we understand your camera kit and settings.

Several of us here have tried various settings and lenses but are miles away frim your images.

Would really love to begin to emulate your achievements.

Best regards
S

Hi Rob,

Please tell us dull buggers in terms we understand your camera kit and settings.

Several of us here have tried various settings and lenses but are miles away frim your images.

Would really love to begin to emulate your achievements.

Best regards
S

I believe the interpretation is:

Camera body is a Canon 7D mkII

On the front of the body was a 2 times lens extender from Canon 2xtc MkII

The lens attached to the extender is a Canon 600f4isLmkII one of those creamy grey 600mm long jobbies.

The camera was mounted on a Gitzo Tripod Lensmaster RH-2 Gimbal. The gimbal is the bit that the camera rotates on.

The settings on the camera were 1/320/f8 iso 800 one three hundred and twentieth of a second at f8 giving an iso of 800.

HTH :)

yes you've got it but it was a MKIII X2 Converter I got the spec wrong on my OP ,I did a few more tests and you can increase the shutter to around 1,000 of a sec f8 iso 800 .
Rob.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that, like the 5D3 and 1D bodies, the 7D2 will AF on the centre point at f/8.

Back