Spare ribs, anyone?

Lovely work Russ.
I'm planning a visit there in a few weeks with the kids, what lens coverage is needed for good reach on full frame?

Hi Paul
I use a 300mm + 1.4 TC on a Canon 7D2 for most of my work at the YWP, it gives good reach for most of the animals (great for the Polars), but if kids are in tow then a shorter lens is required for the Lemur and Wallaby walk-through enclosures I suggest.
Get there early (10 am) if you can as the big cats tend to get sleepy after their feed!

Russ

Its nice to see them actually enjoying a meal, they all but quit feeding the carnivorous ( when the zoo was open) save a few chicks or quail for the smaller cats. at Whipsnade some years ago.
Nice capture Russ (y)

Its nice to see them actually enjoying a meal, they all but quit feeding the carnivorous ( when the zoo was open) save a few chicks or quail for the smaller cats. at Whipsnade some years ago.
Nice capture Russ (y)

You want some feeding shots, Chris? DZP feed their cats every other day and the feed usually includes a pony head or 2.

You want some feeding shots, Chris? DZP feed their cats every other day
Cheers Nod, I'm hoping to make it down this year, but knowing my luck, I'll arrive on a none feed day :D

Back