Sparrowhawk ( with pictures of the shide)

Name
john
Edit My Images
Yes
In my shide (shed/hide) this morning snapping sparrows when all hell broke loose, sparrowhawk came in and took a sparrow had the 200-500 on my nikon d7200 couldnt zoom
in as she/he would have heard me.
Sparrowhawk 3.jpgre he/she flew off with breakfastt zo

"shide", love it.:LOL:

Wow, that's close, I think I'd be looking to zoom out. A shame you chopped the feet but you take what you get sometimes. It looks in better condition than the one I have visiting, gorgeous birds.

This also look like quite a low pov, do you have low down slats in your "shide"? I would love to see pics of your set up.

I was zoomed out to 500mm for the sparrows the adrenalin was pumping could have done with being about 300mm

I was zoomed out to 500mm for the sparrows the adrenalin was pumping could have done with being about 300mm

Been there! :D
Nice to see it in the garden.

Nice to see from your "Shide" John - not sure what your other birds think about this visitor though :)
- the sparrowhawk that used to visit our garden met an untimely death unfortunately by flying into a glass wall on our conservatory and broke its neck. Very sad. I've now put some of those stickers you can buy from RSPB to deter any future problems.

Russ

Many thanks
Back earlier in the year a cut a cherry tree down that was taking up most of our garden.
I also took down the old shed we had at the bottom of the garden and put a new 5x7 one close to the house.
I bought a cat flap put in the shed and put a shelf just below it to rest the camera on.
I put the old cheery tree stump about 15ft in front of the shide drilled some holes in it and stuck various
twigs iit drilled some holes that i fill with pieces of fatball.
I planted a varigated willow behind it which the birds fly into which isnt the best for
photos.
Ive had sparrows blue, great long tailed and coal tits visit plus robins starlings goldies and earlier on blackcaps.
IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0004.JPG

good shot good set up

Back