Sparrowhawk

..only thing missing is a bird in its death throes in the talons!! Stunning, TFS

Stunning Mike (y)
BTW I ran a size test and it looks like attachments have to be sub 300kb.

I'll try and get that increased ;)

Thanks for that Chris, I was hoping the new forum might allow for an increase in the size of posted shots. Although I dont have a 4k screen, with the way tech is moving it would be nice to see shots larger.

Some of us are never pleased!!!

Mike

Some of us are never pleased!!!
You can include me in that Mike :D
Some thing weird is going on, I couldn't post 800kb > 301kb but I can post 1.7 Mb as attachments
We are looking into it.

Last edited:
One of the best I've seen from that hide. Lovely.

I can honestly say, that hide is the most active I've ever been in, it has an abundance of wildlife.

Is the kestrel still hanging about? it was pestering the sparrowhawks something rotten earlier last year.

I was hoping the new forum might allow for an increase in the size of posted shots.
Mike, It seems that Marcel has been tweaking, and its back to the old limits 1024 and 500Kb.

Stunner mike

..only thing missing is a bird in its death throes in the talons!! Stunning, TFS

Thanks John, he was warning off another Sparrowhawk on the next but one post - fantastic sight having 2 in together

Wow - what a fantastic shot Mike; stunning in every detail (y)

Russ

Cheers Russ

One of the best I've seen from that hide. Lovely.

I can honestly say, that hide is the most active I've ever been in, it has an abundance of wildlife.

Is the kestrel still hanging about? it was pestering the sparrowhawks something rotten earlier last year.

Thanks Dale. Yep, once the sparrowhawk leave there is loads knocking about. Didn't spot any kestrels, but I was only there about 2 hours

A great shot of a stunning bird! One of the best sparrowhawk shots I've ever seen.

Much appreciated Jerry

Max really is a stunning bird, well captured Mike.. He’s probably the oldest and best male out here.

Thanks Jason, I wasn't sure if this was Max or not, didn't get much time to chat with Alan as he was so busy

Fabulous capture, the pose, colour and detail...……….nice.

Thanks for that

Mike, It seems that Marcel has been tweaking, and its back to the old limits 1024 and 500Kb.

Good stuff, thanks for raising the question

Stunner mike

Ta Jeff - back to hunting my own subjects now!

Very nice. lovely pose.

Thanks Roger

Utterly stunning Mike .I saw Packham talking about a Max is this the same bird Mike does Alan know how old he is?? I don't think I've ever seen a musket with so much colour ,just beautiful.

Love the pose open beak crop: the whole shebang !!

stu

Stunning capture, a great combination of timing and composition.

Utterly stunning Mike .I saw Packham talking about a Max is this the same bird Mike does Alan know how old he is?? I don't think I've ever seen a musket with so much colour ,just beautiful.

Love the pose open beak crop: the whole shebang !!

stu

Cheers Stu. This is the same location that Max frequents but there are a couple of birds that come in. I couldn't tell you if this is Max or not.

Stunning capture, a great combination of timing and composition.

Thanks Paul

Back