weekly Sparrow's 52, 2016 -Week 38 and 39 metal reshoot and big added

Name
Liz
Edit My Images
No

These are my gardening shoes and as you can see they are very old but they are also very comfortable so I won't be throwing them out just yet!!. :)

Looking forward to joining in and hoping I can last longer than last time I tried.

Liz

Last edited:
They look like they've seen many summers, I can smell them from here :)

Certainly on theme. I can't help wondering if there was something else you could have done with the composition. Placing them pseudo randomly on the 1/3rd line and add a spade or fork for additional interest?
Still, it's plenty sharp enough and the muted colours seem to suit it.

Is there any reason why you've hidden the exif on flickr?

:LOL: Perhaps that's why they stay outside under the carport :LOL: LOL. Thanks for taking a look Leroy.

Hi Tim,
Thanks for taking a look at my efforts. You must have read my thoughts on adding more interest - if it hadn't been raining here this morning I was going to have a another go with the shoes in the garden rather than under the carport!
With regards to hidden exif on flickr - I have to admit I haven't a clue but I will take a look later and see if I can fix it.
Liz

Reactions: LC2
Hi Ruth, Thank you for your kind comments they are very much appreciated.
Liz

A good start to the challenge. Almost looksas though you have cropped to have same space around the shoes. Looks good . A photo for the gardening shed.

Old and well used ! - a different take on the theme, but a great interpretation :)
Thanks John for your kind comments, much appreciated:)

Looks good . A photo for the gardening shed.
II l
Thanks for the kind comments Mandy. I like the idea of putting it in the garden shed:) Also, I did crop it just a little.

You're off to a good start there with a perfect choice for the theme ....they look well worn and comfy :)
Thanks Susie for your kind comments and 'yes they are very comfy':)

I'm with Tim on this one, for me it needs more interest than just a snapshot, maybe lower view, in a pile, on crossed legs Etc... real nice sharp image and a perfect subject though :)
Thanks Dark Knight for your comments, I appreciate what you are saying about 'interest' I had intended having another go yesterday but was rained off, so time to move onto 'metal' now,
I think:)

QUOTE="Rob E, post: 7196451, member: 7614"]Hi Liz, I really like your take on "Old". The muted tones of the image suit the theme very well.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Rob for the kind comments, much appreciated:)

Thanks everyone for taking the trouble to leave feedback.
Liz

Hi Liz. Not sure how this skipped past me but better late than never with my comments. Definitely old. Did you consider making a I may have tried a b&w conversion to help bring out the worn texture of the shoes? Good start Liz - well done

Definitely old. Did you consider making a I may have tried a b&w conversion to help bring out the worn texture of the shoes? Good start Liz - well done

Hi Carl, Thanks a lot for your kind comments and suggestion. I did have a go at converting it to black and white but couldn't get it to look right so decided to stay with colour. I'm a bit hit and miss with my processing:):)
Liz

Old - would like to see the picture in B&W - but I definitely like your choice of the object for the theme

I don’t feel I have any experience to give crit, I did think if the object was all in focus this would be absolutely spot on, the colours are great and good composition.:)

Beautiful colour and nicely in focus. It is a vice isn't it Liz? Like it. :clap:

Hi Liz, like your picture, the vice standsout nicely from the dark background. Good luck completing your 52.

Old - would like to see the picture in B&W - but I definitely like your choice of the object for the theme
Metal - interesting colour - definitely 'metal' - spot on with the theme again
Hi Dankabass3, Thank you for taking the time to comment on my first two photograph, it is very much appreciated. Liz

Ooo looks like hammerite, love that stuff !!! - a nice old vice, good choice for the theme, and real nice detail when viewed large on Flickr
Hi Dark Knight, My husband is also a big fan of hammerite, anything metal gets the hammerite treatment LOL. Thanks for your kind comments. Liz

I do hope you didn't let any of that swarf anywhere near your camera...
Hi Tim, Certainly didn't let the camera get anywhere near the swarf:) It's not a place I venture into very often but it does offer some photography opportunities:) Thanks for your comments, much appreciated. Liz
Interesting machine there; I'd like to see it closer and all in focus.
Hi Andy, Thanks very much for your comments. The focus issue needs to be addressed but I have done little else other than point and shoot these last two years so need to get some practice in and do I bit of reading up I think. Liz:)
I don’t feel I have any experience to give crit, I did think if the object was all in focus this would be absolutely spot on, the colours are great and good composition.:)
Hi Michael, Thanks for you comments. I know what you mean about giving crit. I feel exactly the same. Liz
Beautiful colour and nicely in focus. It is a vice isn't it Liz? Like it.
Hi Carl, Thank you for your kind comments. Yes, it is a vice set up on a milling machine :) Liiz

Hi Liz, like your picture, the vice standsout nicely from the dark background. Good luck completing your 52.
Hi Lee, Thanks for your kind comments and for your good luck message, it would be great to make it to the end.:) Liz
Nice subject, but as others have said, perhaps a tad out of focus - also may have been worth looking at a "top down" picture from a higher angle to see more of the vice ?
Hi Jon, Thanks for your comments. Focusing is something I am going to have to address. I haven't done much other than point and shoot for a couple of years and have forgotten an amazing amount. Liz
Got to be honest and say background to cluttered for me.[/QUOT
Hi Jason, Thanks your comments. It's good to look at it from another point of view. Liz:)
Hi Liz ...really liking the composition and colour in this one, I like the fact that it looks used and not too pristine.
Hi Susie, Thank you for your kind comments. Liz:)

has the vice seen much action, looks like it opens from the back,, :)

Hi Walter, Yes... the vice has seen a lot of action, it is set up on a milling machine. Thanks for your input regarding focus, I am always chasing time at the moment and must admit if I think I can get away without a tripod.........:runaway:Liz

Hello and welcome along to the mad corner, Both images fit the theme for me.

Hi Mandy, Thanks you for your welcome and kind comments, much appreciated. Liz

Hehe, good idea, looks really ready to burst out for a run around,

Aw! Beautiful pup. Spot on with the shot ... and the speech bubble. Well done Liz:clap:

Liking the vice for your Metal shot, it has a nice anodised look and certainly a big lump of metal, very cool looking!
And a great shot of little Jack, he's got some great markings on his head!

Back