Sparrows (with fledgling)

#1 and #2 - push the highlights back Graham .......... and/or look at the "lights" on the tone curve .... experiment with the tone curve

you could then tweak the whites and shadows a little

the light areas aren't blown they are just over exposed a little, because of the sunlight

Last edited:
sparrowB.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmm.... @BillN_33 What is this sorcery ;) your edit looks a hell of a lot more detailed than mine...

I think I need to read up a bit more on tone curves!

Did you just adjust levels or did you do any other trickery?

Thanks for helping a bird newbie (y)

I just looked shadows/highlights/blacks/whites in conjunction with tone curve and a little exposure

maybe a little clarity and vibrance ..... just very small adjustments in certain areas

It is a matter of just getting everything in balance, just to make the most of what you have taken .... just a couple of minutes work

If you really "go to town" Rich is an expert ..... it can make quite a difference ..... even on a low res jpeg downloaded from the web

The bird looks very greyish to me, but to be fair, I'm on my iPad so maybe not an accurate reflection.

Agreed Bob - it's a female and females have more greyish underparts than males - and I think that in this image it is exacerbated by the light/shadows

also the image was just a low res jpeg

but point taken

Agreed Bob - it's a female and females have more greyish underparts than males - and I think that in this image it is exacerbated by the light/shadows

also the image was just a low res jpeg

but point taken
Wasn't criticising though, but I don't know anything about birds, so wasn't aware of the differences between the males and females.
For a low res JPEG though, it's certainly brought out more detail.

Wasn't criticising though, but I don't know anything about birds, so wasn't aware of the differences between the males and females.
For a low res JPEG though, it's certainly brought out more detail.

but you are correct is does look more grey than it should be ...... I can try to tweak it's not really worth it

Thanks

Back