Spent a day and a morning photographing Wapiti (Elk)

Lovely work. The mist really adds to these. Shame the beast in the second shot is a bit straggly. If the blooming in the first and third pics is caused by the elk exhaling then you might want to bring that out a little more(??) I thought they were out of focus things in the background initially.

Nice set to see, I wasn't expecting to see something so close in appearance to our Deer.
#1 is a good clear shot but I would prefer to see the stag nearer to the left of the frame, he looks a bit central.
#2 would like the animal to stand ot a little from the 'fuzz' of the background but love the composition.
#3 is a 'typical' pose and is appealing, I agree with Ian about more emphasis to its breath.
#4 pity you couldn't get lower but another very nice composition, the water has the appearance of going downhill to the right, maybe an illusion?

Lovely work. The mist really adds to these. Shame the beast in the second shot is a bit straggly. If the blooming in the first and third pics is caused by the elk exhaling then you might want to bring that out a little more(??) I thought they were out of focus things in the background initially.
Thanks. I did what I could to bring it out above the fog... other than painting it in.

Nice set to see, I wasn't expecting to see something so close in appearance to our Deer.
#1 is a good clear shot but I would prefer to see the stag nearer to the left of the frame, he looks a bit central.
#2 would like the animal to stand ot a little from the 'fuzz' of the background but love the composition.
#3 is a 'typical' pose and is appealing, I agree with Ian about more emphasis to its breath.
#4 pity you couldn't get lower but another very nice composition, the water has the appearance of going downhill to the right, maybe an illusion?
Thanks.
#1, yep centered... It's full frame and I felt it better than if cropped.
#2, burned him in a bit and adjusted the overall image... fixed the vignette as well.
#4, fixed the angle. I had missed that (shot freehand).

Images have been updated in OP.

Impressive animals that I have yet to have the opportunity to work with. I like the tones you've captured. I like the 1st one the best.

Back