Spider spider fly

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are some from Tuesday morning when we had a heavy dew

I finnaly managed to get a shot of female wolf spider with egg sac.

Female wolf spider with eggs by Alf Branch, on Flickr

An orb weaver at home waiting for a meal to be deliver by air This is a three shot handheld stack done in photoshop

Orb weaver at home by Alf Branch, on Flickr

A dung fly waiting for an opportunity This is a three shot handheld stack done in photoshop

Dung Fly by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Indeed! The crystal nest is amazing! I'm a bit annoyed by the untidy harvestman, but that's the spider's fault, not much you can do..

WoW 3 lovely shots there Alf, That wolie shot is very nice and sharp where it needs it, great shot.
Agreed with the other mob :D No 2 is super.
The fly is nice although imo its a tad bright but non the less very nice.

Really good set of images Alf, with #2 probably being my fav'.(y)

George.

Really nice set Alf - all good. The spider in the web with droplets is excellent.

Thanks Chris
I saw a couple of spiders looking like that

Thanks Kodiak

Nice set all round Alf. The second one though is a bit special I think.

Thanks Nick

Indeed! The crystal nest is amazing! I'm a bit annoyed by the untidy harvestman, but that's the spider's fault, not much you can do..

Thanks Tim I had thought it was a smaller orb weaver but Harvestman is probably correct

WoW 3 lovely shots there Alf, That wolie shot is very nice and sharp where it needs it, great shot.
Agreed with the other mob :D No 2 is super.
The fly is nice although imo its a tad bright but non the less very nice.

Thanks Graham
Now you mention it maybe the fly is a bit bright

Really good set of images Alf, with #2 probably being my fav'.(y)

George.

Thanks George 2 is popular it seems

#2 is brilliant though do think the flash power was a tad too much on it as well as #3

But great captures :D

I had thought it was a smaller orb weaver but Harvestman is probably correct
Yeah definitely looks like a harvestman to me, side one, facing left. You can see it's black beady eye perched on top of the body, and the curved mouth parts on the left hand side.

It's actually growing on me now I've been studying it. An interesting catch for the spider, being one of it's cousins and a reminder to the viewer that what looks like a beautiful work or art is actually a deadly trap.

I think I would consider entering this one into a contest you know....

As the LIKE system is being criticised, I am penning comments of joy!!:):)

I think these shots are so informative of the little beasts that lurk in unseen corners. That's my main LIKE.

Quality wise, they do the biz. I am sure there will be someone who can improve them, or say they can, but WTF, the piccies do the biz to repeat.

These macro shots must be quite a tricky task with live subjects. Wonder whether they notice or what they think.

Excellent photos...........:olympus:

#2 is top quality m8.

Paul.

Thanks Paul

#2 is brilliant though do think the flash power was a tad too much on it as well as #3

But great captures :D

Thanks Bryn
The light on the dew on the web was not blown but of coures it is highly reflective but they were not blown
Maybe I have lifted the fly a bit much.

Yeah definitely looks like a harvestman to me, side one, facing left. You can see it's black beady eye perched on top of the body, and the curved mouth parts on the left hand side.

It's actually growing on me now I've been studying it. An interesting catch for the spider, being one of it's cousins and a reminder to the viewer that what looks like a beautiful work or art is actually a deadly trap.

I think I would consider entering this one into a contest you know....

Thanks Tim
It is interesting to see what it has captured.

As the LIKE system is being criticised, I am penning comments of joy!!:):)

I think these shots are so informative of the little beasts that lurk in unseen corners. That's my main LIKE.

Quality wise, they do the biz. I am sure there will be someone who can improve them, or say they can, but WTF, the piccies do the biz to repeat.

These macro shots must be quite a tricky task with live subjects. Wonder whether they notice or what they think.

Excellent photos...........:olympus:

Thanks Mark I appreciate the comment
:olympus:

Back