Spiders and raindrops

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Baby spiders in the rain, and a bit of a bigger spider in the rain!

First one is of spiderlings - 3 images stacked (on the brown wheelie bin in the rain), the second is a larger female cross spider on the grey wheelie bin in the rain!

And yes, it was raining quite a bit as I stood there, getting wet, along with all my equipment, getting wet. And it was almost midnight too.

1024babdrops.jpg

1024crossdrops.jpg

Paul.

There's a lot going on in #1 I would prefer a closer shot (like mine lol)

#2 is the work of a genius central compo works very well balanced with the artifacts at the edges (rain) making a vignette. Detail is spot on.

There's a lot going on in #1 I would prefer a closer shot (like mine lol)

Here's a crop Bryn - I couldn't get closer psychically because the wheelie bin handle was in the way:

1024spiderlingcrop01.jpg

1024spiderlingcrop02.jpg

Nice. Did you have to do a lot of editing on the stack? (I'm thinking the spiderlings would have been moving around.)

I took them in rapid succession and just used Combine ZP to blend the 3 photos Nick - no other changes.

#2 is the work of a genius central compo works very well balanced with the artifacts at the edges (rain) making a vignette. Detail is spot on.

Well, I thought it was OK, but genius? I wish, lol... :)

Paul.

Last edited:
Very nice bit of work Paul, I like both images very much. I'm not into stacking as yet but I appreciate the skill that has been applied here.(y)

George.

Very nice bit of work Paul, I like both images very much. I'm not into stacking as yet but I appreciate the skill that has been applied here.(y)

George.

Thank you George - the stack was needed to go from left to right rather than front to back.

Paul.

Brilliant Paul. Not easy to photograph a spider ball like this (or whatever it's called).

OMG that made my skin crawl! The photographer in me says 'nice shot'... but the girl in me says 'EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!'

They are both nice shot, especially No.2 with the glowing spider in the middle(y)

Brilliant Paul. Not easy to photograph a spider ball like this (or whatever it's called).

OMG that made my skin crawl! The photographer in me says 'nice shot'... but the girl in me says 'EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!'

I actually like seeing the amount of spiders present in the first shot rather than the crops. Excellent detail Paul and brilliantly stacked.

Thank you everyone! :)

Paul.

Back