Spiders from Colombia

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I am not 100% sure about these but as I am back in the UK I won't get another chance a long time. I have been to Colombia before but not to this place Mocoa which is in the south. Surprisingly the spiders were quite different and ones common in other places were unseen here and vice a versa
Spider IMG_7299 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Spider IMG_7291 by davholla2002, on Flickr

What are not sure about David? Seen over at Flickr they look good to me. (On my screen at least both look soft here, the second in particular -when I looked at it at Flickr the clarity and detail jumped out at me.)
Oh good I was not sure how sharp they were, I made a mistake before going there, I should have practiced night shots* a bit as it was a long time since I last did them. Saying that I have got at least 200 shots of at least 80 different species with my 60mm lens so it was not all bad (not even looked at the MPE65mm's shots yet but there are less) so it was an ok trip.
Sadly didn't see any scorpions this time but did see a large centipede and a tarantula.

*Nights shots are a must to get all the lizards crickets, mantids and phasmids that are there.

Oh good I was not sure how sharp they were, I made a mistake before going there, I should have practiced night shots* a bit as it was a long time since I last did them. Saying that I have got at least 200 shots of at least 80 different species with my 60mm lens so it was not all bad (not even looked at the MPE65mm's shots yet but there are less) so it was an ok trip.
Sadly didn't see any scorpions this time but did see a large centipede and a tarantula.

*Nights shots are a must to get all the lizards crickets, mantids and phasmids that are there.

Sounds like a very good trip. We'll be seeing more from it I hope.

Back