Beginner Spitfire at DHF

Seeing that clipped wing got me looking and it has a history worth reflecting on as it was in service with the Polish contingent of the RAF.

With all the Brexit talk and (some) xenophobia let us not forget that without their and many other nationalities fighting in the UK forces we would likely not have triumphed in WW2.

Oh, nice images with decent prop blur :)

As an immigrant I must say it feels almost strange to see that coming from Brit. Nice that you don't chuck us all into one bag and actually know own history. Thank you.

The photo itself - I like colours and overall composition. You left some room for the aircraft so we're not about to witness it crashing into the edge ;). You can try and go slower next time to blur that prop a bit more, to add feeling of movement, but all in all good takes, well done.

As an immigrant I must say it feels almost strange to see that coming from Brit. Nice that you don't chuck us all into one bag and actually know own history. Thank you.
Bit off topic but ...
it's a shame you seem to want to chuck all Brits in one bag as xenophobic foreigner haters, we arent you know :)
Many of us are very embaressed by the way our Govts have treated people that were regarded as "friends" at some point and then discarded subsequently, the treatment of the Poles after WW2 was appalling, sadly one of many cases where we should hold our heads in shame.

Back to the photos, nice to see a clipped wing version, personally I think I would boost the contrast a little in #1

Not really intended to front like that, but I guess it works both ways :).

But to correct, I don't chuck you all into one bag, some of my best friends are natives:)

The UK has been a sanctuary and melting pot of cultures of immigration for centuries. I am the grandson of those seeking sanctuary from persecution in the late 1800's, this was the time of the pogroms by Tsar Nicholas II . My father fought in WW2 in the Royal Artillery and was a PoW for some years. He never spoke of the bad times only the more quiet moments and as I understood it possibly owed his survival to the comradery of fellow UK PoW's as the treatment meted out to non UK combatants was very different.

Sorry to the OP for the slight digression of the thread.

Back