Spitfire flight - MJ627 and MJ772

Name
D
Edit My Images
Yes
My dad was given the chance to do one of the 'fly a spitfire' experiences at Biggin Hill earlier in the year and only just around to putting up a few photos on Flickr. I was initially just there taking photos of the planes on the ground but happenstance meant I was able to go up in the small seater plane and fly along side and get photos of them in the air as well. I've not shot planes before so knew nothing about best settings/technique or shooting from plane so I'm sure there are many things technically wrong with these, but my dad is happy with them so that's good for me :):cool: I felt a bit of imposter syndrome not being a plane enthusiast but can't deny how cool it was to experience!

Thanks for looking

Here's a couple and there are few more in an album on Flickr - https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHEWo7T

Spitfire MJ627 by Danielle , on Flickr

Spitfire MJ627 by Danielle , on Flickr

Attachments

• IMG_1263.jpg
    IMG_1263.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1289.jpg
    IMG_1289.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
You did good , it`s one of those moments where we can appreciate just what an amazing thing a camera is , to freeze those special memories and moments . You both will always have a reminder of that day now , hope you printed 1or 2dan-yell .

Last edited:
Really unusual to see photos of them in flight from this sort of angle. Thanks for sharing! That 2nd image is a cracker.

thanks @ChrisF15 and @Harlequin565 - i think the distance between the wings of the two planes as about 8ft at the closest, could wave and everything !

@Lepus he wants to make a photo book of a selection of photos and a couple of other things he did for his birthday :) - though I have done a photobox order this weekend for a couple of other things so have done a 12x8 of one of them as he has one in the hallway printed on normal paper which is just propped up and looks tacky so i'm replacing it :)

Well, that is pretty impressive for someone who hasnt shot planes before! Nice prop blur and amazing shots, the 2nd is a belter!

@cambsno aw thanks mate - when i looked at articles about lane photography after the fact i wasnt sure if blurred props were a good thing or a bad thing or if the background should be blurred to show movement etc - but looks like it worked out ok :)

I might have another run thru the pics and add a couple more to flickr album when i get a few mins after the weekend :)

Back