Splash art kit

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Having recently purchased a splash art kit, i have noticed a few people on here have also purchased one so thought a thread dedicated to the kit would be useful and a good idea to share tips etc....

Overall i am very impressed with the kit although i can't fully benefit from it just yet as my lead from my camera to the splash art controller seems to have a loose wire and i am only getting my camera to fire around 1 out of 10 attempts, hopefully Joe can sort me out when he returns. In the meantime i have been playing around with the dials and just observing the behaviour of the drops.

Below are so far my best efforts as yet, for the drops to land in i bought a 15" paint roller tray from toolstation which gives me a bit of working area, what i would really like to try when i get my running proper is the shots with an horizon line in view but not sure what kind of tray etc would be best for that.

Both images i used 2 flash guns to the rear of the paint tray, one at either corner and both set to 1/32 power which is my lowest.

1788s.jpg

1790a.jpg

Thanks for looking.. :wave:

second shot is great , i would love for my first attempt to look even close to that .

Excellent shots.

My only crit is that in the second shot, the lighter corners draw my eye away from the splash

I wish I could get even close. So I got my kit and after four days I can't even post a pic to be proud of. Second shot is awesome.

Back