Critique Spoiler Alert at Rutland Water

Name
Andy or Dij
Edit My Images
Yes
View attachment 32088
For all of you who are planning a visit to the church at Normanton on Rutland Water i found this today.....Someone in their wisdom has decided to plant a garden in front of the church.
It looks absolutely hideous in my opinion and has partially destroyed the view. The plants include a yew hedgerow, lavenders in the boggy ground ? and last but not least some topiary bushes. It beggars belief in my opinion that this has happened but i think this is to do with all the weddings they are having there now. I hope they all get root rot...Ha Ha!!
View attachment 32089 View attachment 32090

Not been there but ir does look like the vista has been spoiled. Despite the water, the boat looks out of place, like they're trying to cram as many photo ops into one place. The photos are very nice btw, good ecposure and colour in the sky. Would like to see the same shots in 6 months to compare

It's a mess, a well intentioned mess perhaps but a mess all the same!

Btw, as this is a 'critique' thread, there seems to be a slight magenta cast Dij, are you using any grad filters at all?

I was planning on going there on Saturday as well for some morning photography, just my luck!

You can still get a photograph from half way up the path, past the boat. I wanted to get the big sky when i went so shots from further back were nigh on impossible with that garden in the way. I have sent these photo's to the Stamford and Rutland Mercury to see if they are interested in them!

I haven't been there for donkey's years, but it does look as though they're making a bit of a dog's breakfast out of that.
You've already mentioned the magenta, but to my eye, the sats a bit high on a couple of them as well.

I'm sure when the garden is established it'll look good, however for the years before that happens it looks terrible.

Back