Spotlight coming back to PhotoMechanic

Edit My Images
Yes
OK - not maybe so much sports photography this one..
But definitely something that us Sports Photographers use (or maybe I am the only one).
One of the features that I loved in the PM was the Spotlight search bar - when having to find a picture of a certain player from 100000's of files.
This was a great feature on PM5 and below - but was removed when PM6 came out.
Now.. just saw that they are putting that feature back due to being requested by many photographers.

Spotlight back on PhotoMechanic

Anyone else happy that this feature is back??

Irrelevant to me because it is Mac only. I use Lightroom to provide the same function.

Irrelevant to me because it is Mac only. I use Lightroom to provide the same function.

Yep - heard that Lightroom does the same.. but no matter how many times I've tried, just never managed to get the hang of Lightroom.
Somehow always just got stuck to using PM-Photoshop combination.
Never even figured the having to import photos and where did they get saved... :)
Guess it is that once you get used to using a certain software... it takes a lot to swap to something different.

Apparently not - at least on the PM5 it was only on Mac - don't know enough about the code behind the software to know if they can make it to work on Windows as well.
Might need to ask on the PhotoMechanic Forum...

Spotlight uses the Mac search engine to power it (effectively it just acts as a pass through) so, no, it won't translate to Windows.

Same as the ability to view the actual RAW rather than the embedded Jpeg (works in Mac but not in Windows as M$ doesn't include a native codec).

Back