Spotted a togger : Part 3

Pretty sure it is a Bronica SQ medium format stills film camera, and possibly the SQ-Am which had a built in motordrive.

Thanks Peter :)

Pretty sure it is a Bronica SQ medium format stills film camera, and possibly the SQ-Am which had a built in motordrive.

Wth that info I put the pic on a SPORTS Photographers FB page and got this which pretty much confirms.. -- "Bronica SQ, with a metering viewfinder to show the image the correct way round. 120 roll film loaded into the removable back and 12 exposures per roll And it looks like he’s using a rapid film winder. No motor drive."

Thanks, George. I wouldn't even know which is the sharp end, let alone which model it is. :D

I used to have a 3.5F with an F3.5 Zeiss Planar lens, beautiful camera but very slow to change a film if you had a hammer style flash unit on it or had it mounted on a tripod etc.

Here's an interesting one. The customers stand on a round platform that has an arm with a ring light. The cameraman mounts a phone in the middle of the ring and then takes a 360° video. No idea how he delivers to the customer or how much is charged.

They're called 360 Photo Booths and came on trend about two years ago.

Personally I've always thought them as a bit of an H&S nightmare. After all, what can go wrong with spinning drunk people around surrounded by expensive camera kit & lighting.

As for this one - God alone knows how they got permission to set up there!

They're called 360 Photo Booths and came on trend about two years ago.

Personally I've always thought them as a bit of an H&S nightmare. After all, what can go wrong with spinning drunk people around surrounded by expensive camera kit & lighting.

As for this one - God alone knows how they got permission to set up there!

So, puke shoots, then. :D
Thanks, Mark. Permission? This is London. Who's going to stop them?

I grabbed this YouTube screen shot of the Armed Forces photographer at the parade. 120 years ago there was a historic diplomatic agreement, the Entente Cordiale, between Britain and France that laid the groundwork for our nations’ collaboration in both world wars.

I'm sure the youtuber won't mind me posting this screen shot . . . his channel is The King's Guards and Horse UK.

MOD EDIT: Assumed permission is not acceptable for posting others copyrighted work. Image removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zx9
. . . his channel is The King's Guards and Horse UK.

He's a numpty and a serious PITA. His stuff gets promoted all over Facebook as clickbait.

And almost all of it is completely factually inaccurate.

Back