CSCC-Brands-Hatch-7-8-May-11-L.jpg

it's okay the wife was getting the coffee
CSCC-Brands-Hatch-7-8-May-11-L.jpg

Still at Brands
862430167_nmsSj-L-2.jpg

sleeping on the job at Cadwell
948021707_yZjdh-L-2.jpg

.DAVID.

somebody may have to correct me here. But I think those add-on viewfinders give the view depending on what lens you have attached. The viewfinder built into the camera has a fixed focal length which is somewhere between a standard and a moderate wide angle...Something like 35-40mm.

I've only used a standard viewfinder camera with no interchangeable lens, so I'm sure somebody with more experience will explain better.

He's using a Lecia M9 by the looks of it. That 'add-on' viewfinder is £££ :) My dream camera! Good spot to OP

it either a long exposure or he is thinking how much he paid to take photos in here?

Definitely long exposure, probably one of those ones where it's used as a way to avoid people showing in the shot. He seemed to be there for ages while his partner (with hair dyed the same shade of green) waited patiently.

They don't seem to make an extra charge for cameras like some cathedrals do, but the Entry price of £5 seems quite a lot (previously it was by donation). The person I was with wanted to visit, but I explained that I've been so many times before (and donated each time) that I would wait outside, but luckily they said I could come in for free. :)

a poor shot stupid phone in low quality video
imag0429d.jpg

He is a member on here, and he didn't say hello.

Another shot at Blackpool during the airshow, these 3 were shooting someone to the right but 300mm prime doesn't allow zooming out to get that bit in frame didn't.

img2093c.jpg

Met up with fellow TP members Dave (Just Dave) and John (eosjohn) for a walk around Birkacre, Yarrow Valley, Chorely, Lancs on Monday:

Now where are those damn butterflies?
6074455823_5058cf90a1_b.jpg

[/url] Dave (2981) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

Ahhhh, over here Dave .... I have found some
6074998508_9bc2270488_b.jpg

[/url] John (2985) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

"Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks" :D
6074460031_ff44e28abe_b.jpg
[/url] The Togs (2988) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

"See mum, that is how it is done!"
6075001762_e3548379f2_b.jpg

[/url] The Togs (2989) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

I got ya!
6074462579_950d0db5d0_b.jpg

[/url] John (0766) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

Thanks for a great afternoon guys!

Cheers

Dawn :)

:LOL::LOL::LOL: nice one Dawn, I'll have to get you back now you know

has Roo become a TP member yet, he got some good shots,

:LOL: Dave, you already got a shot of me on a last visit to Birkacre so now we are quits :p

I still have to sign Roo up as a TP Junior member so we can post some of his photos.

Cheers

My 4 year old at non league footy today, she wanted to photo the people in the crowd rather that the game (not that the game wasn't worth watching of course).

VStanway106.jpg

My 4 year old at non league footy today, she wanted to photo the people in the crowd rather that the game (not that the game wasn't worth watching of course).

VStanway106.jpg

Excellent shot Andrew .... I know just what you mean .... my 6 year old son is always asking to use my cameras now ... he seems to be getting bored with the old digital compact I gave him and now he wants a DSLR for Chrimbo :LOL:

It has got to the point now where he actually wants his own TP account to upload his photos for c&c .... but not sure what the minimum age limit is here. I've sent a message to the mods regards same ... but not heard anything back yet. So still waiting.

I think it would be great if we could allow the youngsters access, but obviously restricted to relevant forums ... and if parents are responsible and monitor their activity. Photography should not be limited to a particular age group/s. After all if one thinks about it some of the most successful musicians and composers started from a very early age .... so why not photographers too?

Sorry I seem to be having a bit of a 'speakers corner' here .... but your photo is just too precious and made me realise I am not alone and I say good for your daughter if she is expressing an interest in photography .... now you need to guide her and coach her in same. Hell it beats kids sitting in front of computer or TV games all day!

Cheers

I totally agree with you, she is mad on photography, starting with mums camera phone and then a point and click (which was recently broken in mums back when something squashed the screen). Its really good as she is very aware of how careful she must be.

I know she is only keen because its what daddy does. (PS her favourite photography is studio portrait, and mummy and daddy have to pose for her)

I totally agree with you, she is mad on photography, starting with mums camera phone and then a point and click (which was recently broken in mums back when something squashed the screen). Its really good as she is very aware of how careful she must be.

I know she is only keen because its what daddy does. (PS her favourite photography is studio portrait, and mummy and daddy have to pose for her)

That is fab Andrew .... Roo is just the same ... and hopefully one day soon I will have a mini studio to the side of the house and he can get more experience of photography. He already has a handle on his own post processing and dictates what the photo should look like. Hey after all how can we question what a child sees .... maybe that is what we, as adults, need to look at some time?

Cheers

Portsmouth News sports photographer shot at The Ken Hall Trophy in Langrish Hampshire. He got all over the place using his crutches, we had a chat, he seemed a nice chap.

6094445542_e67127e3f5_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a very good shot as I had to shoot handheld in very low light. Who was this on the Thames foreshore getting long exposure shots of a flame-twirling woman?

Flame twirling, Its called fire POI and if you search you should find loads on it. You can get some great effects expecially on snowy ground or with waterreflecttions or even using burning wire wool.

A few of the others at the World Championship Gravy wrestling today whileit was raining.
He is a member on here he said.
spoted1.jpg

They guys fillmed the thing one on a 5Dmk2 the other on a 550D
spoted2.jpg

I hope the guy realised his hood was over the front of the lens before too long

togy.jpg

A couple from me, firstly really nice man with a blad who sets up, only to have someone with a cameraphone stand in front of him......
IMG_3144.jpg

And another, though I'm not sure who would own up to being in this shot!
IMG_3190.jpg

Met up with fellow TP members Dave (Just Dave) and John (eosjohn) for a walk around Birkacre, Yarrow Valley, Chorely, Lancs on Monday:

Now where are those damn butterflies?
6074455823_5058cf90a1_b.jpg

[/url] Dave (2981) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

Ahhhh, over here Dave .... I have found some
6074998508_9bc2270488_b.jpg

[/url] John (2985) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

"Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks" :D
6074460031_ff44e28abe_b.jpg
[/url] The Togs (2988) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]

"See mum, that is how it is done!"
6075001762_e3548379f2_b.jpg

[/url] The Togs (2989) by crystal_singer (drodd), on Flickr[/IMG]