Spotted a togger : Part 3

Rootesweekend_047.jpg

I've also got this one but its cheating a bit as its me, taken by my wife up on the rally stage at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

Img_0978.jpg

A few pictures I got at Trafalgar Square in London, all shot with my Powershot SX220 HS.
I thought that this young lady was using an X100 until I saw that giveaway film-winding movement with her hand:

This must be the lady that modelled for Picasso. Her hair suggests she islooking toward the woman in pink, yet the camera suggests otherwise....Therefore - Cubist!

I'm confused. If that's an add-on viewfinder on top of his camera, what's he looking through?

somebody may have to correct me here. But I think those add-on viewfinders give the view depending on what lens you have attached. The viewfinder built into the camera has a fixed focal length which is somewhere between a standard and a moderate wide angle...Something like 35-40mm.

I've only used a standard viewfinder camera with no interchangeable lens, so I'm sure somebody with more experience will explain better.

IMG_0501_800_wide.JPG

Classics on the Common, Harpenden Green 27.7.11

David

somebody may have to correct me here. But I think those add-on viewfinders give the view depending on what lens you have attached. The viewfinder built into the camera has a fixed focal length which is somewhere between a standard and a moderate wide angle...Something like 35-40mm.

I've only used a standard viewfinder camera with no interchangeable lens, so I'm sure somebody with more experience will explain better.

Correct, leica M cameras will have certain sets of frame lines available, dependant on the model used. Most wide angle lenses (I think the widest provided for is 28mm) will therefore need another viewfinder to give the true view for the picture being taken. Its a rangefinder particular thing and happens with other makes and manufacturers as well.

This must be the lady that modelled for Picasso. Her hair suggests she islooking toward the woman in pink, yet the camera suggests otherwise....Therefore - Cubist!

:D She was very shyly peeking through the viewfinder and waiting for the right moment to get a picture of another photographer who was over to my right. Her hair is in a very cute bob, pinned back on each side. You can just see her forehead and her nose is pressed right up against the camera. I was on a long zoom which compresses the distance. The woman in pink was at about a 45-degree angle to my subject's line of vision. See, the camera always lies... ;)

Ooo.. quadrupod with a fully articulated head.
Not a Gitzo... a Fido!

These are all from a shoot I did recently on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway.

DSC02664NYMR3contrast.jpg

DSC02996NYMR20.jpg

DSC03036NYMR44.jpg

DSC02716NYMR31.jpg

DSC03080NYMR40.jpg

Roy

I got spotted several times last weekend...

5995070195_610aa8ca9f_b.jpg

Back