Spotted a togger : Part 3

We Wildlife Photographer see a lot of toggers - shot at Steart Marshes - Somerset

MSNzIJd.jpg

I’m always apprehensive about checking this thread - Incase I’ve been spotted! Some stunning images of people capturing images.

In order to get ahead of the eagle eye spotter - I was spotted by my friends whilst photographing their family at Holkham Beach - wonderful day and some beautiful images captured.

Attachments

• 3F512A07-CD4B-4B0A-9CD5-0C983EA56536.jpeg
    3F512A07-CD4B-4B0A-9CD5-0C983EA56536.jpeg
    197 KB · Views: 31
Another oldie...

Young woman with camera on tripod Northampton 10D CAN_5606.JPG

I'm confused. If that's an add-on viewfinder on top of his camera, what's he looking through?

Photography obviously can be fun...

Re: the picture at the top:

If it's a film camera it has a rangefinder.There's a viewfinder window and another smaller window opticlally linked so that you see a double image in the middle of the viewfinder. You place the middle over the point you want to focus on, and turn the lens until the two images coincide. It's a fast and simple way of focussing manually.

Trouble is, the built-in viewfinder only had a field for view corresponding to a standard lens. If you use a longer lens, you focus though the built in viewfinder, but ue an accessory viewfinder that matches theangle ofview of youlonger lens to frame the shot

Trouble is, the built-in viewfinder only had a field for view corresponding to a standard lens.
I 'm afraid that your answer contains a number of inaccuracies.

The camera appears to be one of the Leica digital models, which display frames for several lenses from 28 to 135mm. The secondary viewfinder is from the Voigtlander range and I'd guess that it's for a super wide lens, such as the 21mm or even the 15mm. It seems probable that the photographer has left it fitted in the accessory shoe, ready for use when the associated lens is fitted. I did the same on my Leica M3.

It's unlikely to be for the lens fitted, which looks as if it might be a 90mm or 135mm, both of which are supported by the built in viewfinder.

Last edited:
Re: the picture at the top:

If it's a film camera it has a rangefinder.There's a viewfinder window and another smaller window opticlally linked so that you see a double image in the middle of the viewfinder. You place the middle over the point you want to focus on, and turn the lens until the two images coincide. It's a fast and simple way of focussing manually.

Trouble is, the built-in viewfinder only had a field for view corresponding to a standard lens. If you use a longer lens, you focus though the built in viewfinder, but ue an accessory viewfinder that matches theangle ofview of youlonger lens to frame the shot
It's not a film camera it's a digital M9P but the rest of your answer is correct.

Bit of a cheaty one this as it is a shot of me taken bt my wife whilst I was shooting a waterfall (hence the wellies).
Did she get the best image?

Now you are begining to repeat yourself. :)
My bad, your last 2 shots just happen to have been of 2 of my 3 pet hates (not in a really bad way) selfies and vlogging try to go for all 3 and get a shot of a drone (y). All 3 have their place but I'm just a bit of a stick in the mud I suppose. :sorry:

Back