Spotted this little fly

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Small, maybe 3mm long, looks a bit furry. Got it to step in a bit of leaf off an old plant after the first shot (on the window) - but what sort of fly, I wouldn't begin to know..

1200fly003a-X3.jpg

1200fly002a-X3.jpg

1200fly001a-X3.jpg

Paul.

Well spotted and Taken Paul (y):clap::clap::clap::clap: Number 2 created a lot of interest for me and made me look forward to the coming months :)

Well spotted and Taken Paul (y):clap::clap::clap::clap: Number 2 created a lot of interest for me and made me look forward to the coming months :)

Thanks Charly. :)

Now for the bad news- it's a black biting fly- Simuliidae. Luckily, I wafted it out of the kitchen door so if it is gonna bite someone or something, it ain't gonna do it in my house!

:D

Paul.

Nice one Paul,
1st 2 are not your normal standard of shots, lots of noise as I see it (them) other than that nice find and you done well to get it away before it starts to bite you somewhere you don`t need it lol

Nice one Paul,
1st 2 are not your normal standard of shots, lots of noise as I see it (them) other than that nice find and you done well to get it away before it starts to bite you somewhere you don`t need it lol

Cheers Graham - the PP may have been compromised by the need to crop and fiddle about, but it's a record of a fly I doubt I have seen before, so that'll do for me. :)

Paul.

Back