SPRING DAY AT OLD WARDEN 3-5-09

Name
Paul W Langshaw
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all
It's that time of year again when the Airshows get underway,and it is the start of a busy season for the folks at the Shuttleworth collection at Old Warden.
What a start it was with good weather and a larger then normal crowd and only a few cancellations due to strong cross winds the crowds were entertained with some good flying despite the strong winds a good day was had by all.
So on with my take of the day.

blackburnb-2.jpg

do-28.jpg

gladiator.jpg

hurrican.jpg

hind.jpg

lizziandtractor.jpg

tigermoth.jpg

yungmister.jpg

p-40n02.jpg

p-40.jpg

Thanks for looking comments always welcome good or bad.

Paul.

Interesting set of Images Paul........#4 #5 and #8 are excellent..........atleast the sun came out eventually after a rather grey start......good show even though the really old aircraft couldn't fly..........Cheers Barry

Some great shots Paul, I've only been once before to Old Warden, but it one of the most entertaining airshows in this country if you like the older generation of aircraft. They have a fantastic collection of aircraft there and they get so close to the crowd line because of the layout of the airfield you could almost reach out and touch them.

Peter

Lovely set, particularly like the Gladiator No3. It's always a pleasure to see "proper" aircraft in such a nice setting as Old Warden.

Back