Squall over Great Gable

Very nice Stuart I would have lived to have been there.

Wow, there's drama for you, love it.

Not a critisicm but a suggestion Stuart, is it possible to pull a bit more detail out of the shadow area to the left? Not a lot but just enough to give it substance.

Love it as is though. (y)

Wow, there's drama for you, love it.

Not a critisicm but a suggestion Stuart, is it possible to pull a bit more detail out of the shadow area to the left? Not a lot but just enough to give it substance.

Love it as is though. (y)
Not at all mate, I get ya and I did try that, it was shot at f5.6 so those parts are a hair soft (intentionally) - I might revisit it and have another compare but my gut feeling was they weren't contributing anything to the scene with much detail in them, plus it was really bloody dark lol

Fantastic shot Stuart. Processed perfectly for my taste. love the stream running down the left side of the scene.

I like that, a lot.

Excellent work

Love it. Great drama.

We were in Snowdonia this morning and conditions were very similar there. It's amazing to sit and watch when it's so changeable.

Excellent shot. Looks like a rain curtain there too.
Thanks everyone :)

Cheers Alf yep lovely yesterday inbetween the pelting rain. Should be lots of opportunities over the next few days with similar weather if you can make it down there
I won't be there for a couple of weeks I am away.

Awesome.

The shadow on the LH side creates depth to the composition for me.

I won't be there for a couple of weeks I am away.
Ah that's a shame hope you get some good stuff wherever you're off to

Awesome.

The shadow on the LH side creates depth to the composition for me.
Cheers Craig yep that was the thinking, raise it too much and it blends in too much with the fell to the right. It could maybe stand to come up a hair though I'll have a play

Last edited:
Back