Squash

Not sure what you were hoping for but I would be well chuffed with that, worth the effort

Nice lighting there, no major issues.

Nicely frozen juice and clean BG.

Uber crit would be the watermark across that hand.

Cheers.
:agree:

i am still not sure about the use of these watermarks...is it advertising??

:agree:

i am still not sure about the use of these watermarks...is it advertising??
It basically says 'Beth Botterill Picturemaker' took this. It's not intended to stop it being stolen or lifted from the internet, because anyone with half a bit of ps knowledge can remove it... it's not intended for anything other than to say I took this, this is who I am, google me if you want... And normally it would be in an un-obtrusive area, but it's a preset in my lightroom export, one of 5, in different areas. I couldn't be bothered to fiddle with this particular one to make sure it wasn't covering anything. A bit on the hand wasn't freaking me out terribly. I quite like my watermark if I'm honest - it's clean, it's to the point, it's personal, as it's my own handwriting / signature. It's who I am. :)

That's a juicy shot. I think the composition and lighting are spot on, not to mention the timing.

That's a juicy shot. I think the composition and lighting are spot on, not to mention the timing.
Thanks Ian. Apologies for my lack of response to your comment... I'm afraid I never saw it come up. Thank you very much for the feedback. :)

It's a great creative shot for me. I like the sense of energy and "the moment" that it gives.

What setup did you use to take this Beth?
Thanks Alan. I used a single speedlight, with a grid, lowest power for fastest flash duration... And a LOT of oranges lol.

If you took the shot with the orange pointing down and then turned the resulting photo upside down would it make a better image? Gravity at work?

I am assuming the effect you have photographed was a fountain of juice in reality.

Lovely image Beth and I also like your watermark ;) I just don't like the placement of it on this image.
You're absolutely right on the watermark placement Neil - it's just a preset I use in Lightroom, I should have moved it manually. Thanks for the feedback! :)

If you took the shot with the orange pointing down and then turned the resulting photo upside down would it make a better image? Gravity at work?

I am assuming the effect you have photographed was a fountain of juice in reality.
Coulda done... but never really thought about it... wonder if the juice may not have 'exploded' in the way it did... might have been a bit boring. But... you never know til you try. Next time. ;)

Lovely image- I could easily remove that watermark in seconds to be honest- better to submit a small low res image I think

That said it is good advertising :D

Les;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems no matter what you turn your hand to, photography wise, it has your usual trademark high standards. Great timing love the definition in the wrist and hand,

Lovely image- I could easily remove that watermark in seconds to be honest- better to submit a small low res image I think

That said it is good advertising :D

Les;)
Thanks dude. The watermark isn't to prevent theft... Soon as you put a picture on the internet you have to sort of accept that regardless of what you do, someone can always pinch it. My photos like this are really for pleasure, and the watermark is really just a signature to say 'it's me' :)

Back