Wild Squirrels, everyones fav subject! :-) (Updated Again)

Edit My Images
No
UPDATE: I was out again at the weekend and was graced by the squirrels again so thought I'd update the post. Shot at about 200iso D800 and a 70-200f4.

21066182379_09679feaba_b.jpg

Thought I'd post these which I shot in my local woods a few weeks ago. It was my first time photographing squirrels and wildlife in general so its a steep learning curve. These were shot at about 4000iso D800 and a 70-200f4.

19413400198_8e26aa2d27_z.jpg 19594483462_4f93478252_z.jpg 19671674541_dc57c615e3_z.jpg

Cheers

Simon

Last edited:
Couldn't start with a better subject, I like the more 'open' view of #1 but the expression in #3 is lovely :)

Three nice squirrel images. No 3 for me probably because it's the only one not eating. It's difficult getting a not eating shot when we bait them with nuts. I would love to have red squirrels in my local wood, we only have greys around here. I'm off to the lakes next weekend for my red squirrel fix.

"Excellent" set of images @SAuchterlonie , the last shot is "Stunning".(y)

George.

#3 for me too. Where of to Center Parks next month, and the Squirrels are so tame they almost pose for you, so hopefully I'll get some good shots.

Thanks for all the great comments guys. I have a few more updates to post:

21115879778_2e76dac266_b.jpg 21116876919_eecf29a73a_b.jpg 21303781815_5e81d0bd75_b.jpg 21293152852_9a87dea392_b.jpg
Cheers
Simon

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments guys. I have a few more from with the squirrels in the snow that came last weekend, so I'll pop these up when I have a chance.

Simon.

Cool hunting and all great takes…
So many stupendous but a few would require some tonal adjustments.

Thought I'd post a few more Red Squirrels, this time from the weekend before Christmas when we had a little down pour of snow. These are shot with the new Nikon 200-500 and a D800 @ISO2500

Cheers

Simon

These last two, Simon, are brilliant…
specially the first because of the light reflection on the snow.

These are very cool renditions, good work.

Thanks for the comments guys, pleased you like the squirrels in the snow as these are some of my favs too........I still have a few to go through so I'll keep this thread updated.

I also have had a couple of them printed out and popped them into some frames, so I'll post these too.

Cheers

Simon

These are a really great set of images of a truly great mammal. A pleasure to look through, just great as they are. Thank you for sharing them here.

I love the snow shots - sadly, I don't think there are any reds near me that I could see in the snow (if and when we get it)... just the greys.

Simply lovely and as for the angles where the Reds look like they are having quiet chuckle......crackers :)

Thanks for sharing.

Wow, great photos, I honestly wish I could take shots like these

Latest Red Squirrel shot from myself......I have way too many to work through at the moment so just picking and choosing one or two to post on here.

Cheers

Simon

Back