Wild Sri Lankan Leopard

• Thread starter Deleted sulking member 63079
  • Start date
D

Deleted sulking member 63079

Just one, will post the rest of the shots when I'm back at my laptop. We were lucky enough to see three leopards!

18003876099_ffb32aa81a_h.jpg

They are beautiful cats, possibly my favourite big cat. Got a brief glimpse of one in Africa followed by a no show in India but a leopard safari in Sri Lanka will soon be on the cards. Looks like you've just woke him up lol lovely shot.

Wow! What a find, Andy. Image of a lifetime.

We were incredibly lucky, saw three of them and a two week old elephant.

Have some images of one leopard stepping over the one laying on the branch. Amazing experience to get so close to them.

Its a fabulous place Sri Lanka, we got lucky as well last year with leopard and sloth bear sightings, I presume you were at Yala?

Really nice a moment that you will never forget, I still remember the moment that I first saw a leopard

Its a fabulous place Sri Lanka, we got lucky as well last year with leopard and sloth bear sightings, I presume you were at Yala?

Yeah this was in Yala, would've loved to see a sloth bear as well!

Went to Udawalawa as well to see more elephants.

Fly home on Sunday and will definitely miss this place, it's beautiful here.

You were well and truly blessed to get some shots of that superb creature. Difficult subject because the leopard's markings prevent it distinctly standing out from the background. Just seeing that animal without getting a pic would be a real treat (y)

You were well and truly blessed to get some shots of that superb creature. Difficult subject because the leopard's markings prevent it distinctly standing out from the background. Just seeing that animal without getting a pic would be a real treat (y)

We watched them for an hour and I didn't really take that many pictures, no point, pictures would never convey how it felt to just sit in the presence of them.

One was on the floor eating a wild boar, we only got glimpses of him through the trees, he was quite a long way off. Just saw the occasional flick of his tail and his head lifting up as he ate. Then we spotted this one in the tree, and a short while later a third leopard climbed the tree and stepped over this one.

First time I've been on any kind of safari, and being so close to these animals was incredible. My 3 year old daughter has no idea how lucky she is!

Hi, Andy cracking shots. I can totally agree with your sentiment above. It happens to me on occasion when busy worrying about camera settings and realize what I'm missing. It is a must to forget the camera on occasion!

Scott

Back