St Columb's Cathedral, Derry

Edit My Images
No
DerryCityBCC 050.jpg Completed in 1633 St. Columb's Cathedral makes up one of the 2 iconic spires (the other being St. Eugene's) which can be seen from certain vantage points in Derry City, one being where I grew up. We could clearly see them both from our street and although when younger it while it meant nothing to me at the time, I can see now the beauty and symbolism in the view, each spire being from the opposite end of the religious spectrum. Both are stunning buildings and I often wonder about how they completed such buildings without modern machinery. Thankfully my home town is in a much better place today than it was when I left to live in the South of Ireland 20 some years ago. It will always hold a very special part of my heart!

I took this a few years ago on a camera club trip and while the inside of the building is stunning and I got some good indoor shots, I always liked this one and hope you do too!!

Thanks for looking!

Thats a really cracking photo. I really like how the by making it B&W, you make it look like a beautiful building and also ominous at the same time.
Something I would expect to see from classic horror film.

It's an interesting viewpoint Claire, since the older ones amongst us might see a significance in the bollards and big gates, but the bollards are probably just to stop people parking nowadays! (y)

"Excellent" shot Ma'am, with a really good mono presentation.(y)

George.

Back